A Support Worker / Learning Disabilities Buddy who is fun, friendly, compassionate, caring and has a genuine desire in supporting and encouraging young people with learning disabilities to lead independent, fulfilling lives is required for a well-established and growing community-based charity.
Previous experience would be great, although not essential as the charity will provide fully paid training so that you can make a real difference to people’s lives.
SALARY: up to £21,140 per annum / £8.97 Per Hour (The salary of £21,140 includes a basic salary of £17,500 per annum, plus on average 2 x sleep-in shifts per week at £35 per sleep-in and overtime subject to availability) plus paid annual leave
LOCATION: in and around Guildford, Surrey
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 Hours per Week on a rolling shift pattern (daytime / evening / weekend), plus 2 sleep-ins per week (£35 each).
We also have available a role for a 30 Hour per Week role, plus 1 sleep-in per week at £35 with a pro-rated salary
PLEASE NOTE: There will be local travel involved in the role and we therefore encourage applications from individuals who have a driving licence and access to a vehicle, although this is more desirable rather than essential.
** ALL LEVELS OF EXPERIENCE CONSIDERED **
** FULL TRAINING PROVIDED **
IS THIS YOU?
- Are your tired of the 9 to 5 and crave a change?
- Would you like to work in a caring, supportive environment where you can make a real difference to people’s lives and where every day is different?
If you can answer ‘YES’ to these questions, then we would like to hear from you!
Due to increased demand for the charity’s services, we have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Support Worker / Learning Disabilities Buddy who is fun, friendly, compassionate, caring and has a genuine desire in supporting and encouraging young people with learning disabilities to lead independent, fulfilling lives.
The charity is a vibrant organisation that is rapidly growing and puts young people (aged 16+) with a learning disability in the driving seat. The charity supports around 170 young people to live independent, meaningful lives and to be more involved in their local community, where they can access social activities, educational programmes and/or supported living accommodation in south west Surrey and beyond.
Working as the Support Worker / Learning Disabilities Buddy you will provide highly person-centred 1:1 support, promoting life skills, independence, social skills, leisure opportunities and community access, whilst providing care in the young person’s own supported living accommodation.
Their staff love seeing how their support enables each young person to progress and they feel a real sense of purpose working at the charity.
As the Support Worker / Learning Disabilities Buddy you will be DBS checked and receive a full induction, training, and supervision with opportunities to progress.
As the Support Worker / Learning Disabilities Buddy you will have the following qualities:
- The charity is seeking enthusiastic and caring candidates to be part of their growing and outward looking team that is passionate about growing the charity over the next 2 years and beyond
- Ideally you will have a full driving licence with access to transport. Although this is more desirable rather than essential
- The nature of this role means that you must be at least 18 years old and have the right to work in the UK
As a successful candidate you can expect:
- The charity is committed to equal opportunities and values diversity in its workforce
- 30 days annual leave (pro-rata)
- Workplace pension and many other great employee benefits
- Fully paid training and ongoing career development
- An employee assistance programme and a supportive and caring team to work with
Successful applications are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5783
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Guildford, Surrey. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk