Support Worker / Care Assistant who is compassionate, caring with great communication skills and enjoys supporting young people and children to reach their full potential is required for a highly specialised School in Lingfield, Surrey.
Successful candidates will receive comprehensive training and support to help you achieve your Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 3.
SALARY: £9.07 – £9.88 per Hour + Benefits
LOCATION: Lingfield, Surrey (Accessible by bus, by train via the East Grinstead branch of the Oxted Line and by car and offer free parking on campus)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent, Term Time Only
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Friday 9:00 – 16:00
** Full Training Provided **
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once you’ve applied, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Support Worker / Care Assistant who is compassionate, caring with great communication skills and enjoys supporting young people and children to reach their full potential.
The School really is a special place to work and the team will provide you with comprehensive training and will support you to achieve your Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 3. There are also comprehensive development opportunities, training programmes and clear pathways. You will be enhancing the lives of the children and young people with your innovative thinking and the ability to mentor and foster independence in them, giving them the skills to know ‘why’, not just ‘how’.
If you are compassionate, enthusiastic with great communication, understanding and adaptability, and want to work supporting children and young people as a Support Worker / Care Assistant, helping with all aspects of daily tasks and encouraging independent living, we can’t wait to hear from you.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
The School provide outstanding, highly specialise education for children and young people with neurological conditions and learning disabilities. They are part of one of the UK’s leading charities, dedicated to creating better lives for children and young people.
The Charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required.
As a Support Worker / Care Assistant you may be responsible for all or some of the following:
- Providing a continuity and consistency of support
- Assist with all aspects of personal care and daily living skills in accordance with individual support needs
- Ensuring all relevant information relating to the students is relayed to appropriate staff members
- Provide the students with encouragement, reassurance and comfort, and when necessary to help in the management of those students who may be aggressive, distressed or disruptive, in accordance with skills and training
- Supporting at all times the long term aim for student independence by encouraging the growth of these skills
- Lead and participate in various recreational, educational and social activities
- Supervise students during break times
- Attend meetings, in conjunction with the line manager
- Assisting with assessing, planning and reviewing student progress
- Attending appropriate in-service training as required by the job role
- Receive parents and visitors and participate in open days and conferences as required
- There is an amount of manual handling involved including assisting students with walking, sitting and other activities of daily living and by means of wheelchairs and mechanical aids within recommended guidelines.
- Numeracy and Literacy Level 1
- Able to complete Diploma Level 3 within 2 years
- Ability to interact with a range of people/young people
- Able to take direction from supervisors
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to liaise with others, attend meetings and report on student progress
- An active team player but also able to work on own initiative
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritise and respond to differing demands as required
- To be prepared to undertake training requirements of the position
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5803
Full-Time Permanent Support Worker / Care Assistant Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Lingfield, Surrey. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk