Supplier Quality Engineer who has good working knowledge of supplier process management and controls, PPAP, APQP and supporting programmes is required for a well-established company based in Leyland, Lancashire, North West England.
SALARY: £40,000 - £45,000 + Excellent Benefits (25 Days Holiday, plus 8 Statutory Bank Holidays, Pension Scheme, Private Outpatients Scheme)
LOCATION: Leyland, Lancashire, North West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
PLEASE NOTE: This is a “Field-Based” role with the potential for extensive travel both within & outside of the UK.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer who has good working knowledge of supplier process management and controls, PPAP, APQP and supporting programmes.
Working as the Supplier Quality Engineer your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Initiate APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) multi-functional teams
- Co-ordinate PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) activities at the supplier and manage into plant
- Initiate supplier / launch readiness reviews and quality plans
- Facilitate, prioritise, train and support supplier corrective action meetings and reviews
- Measure and analyse trends and performance at the supplier and the plant to reduce potential issues
- Develop the supplier base by using Six Sigma and Lean techniques
- Liaise with the Group to develop integration activities with the supply base
- Analyse and audit processes and parts at suppliers premises
- Complete root cause analysis programmes to plant satisfaction
- Be business aware and predict industry trends
As the Supplier Quality Engineer you will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Working knowledge of supplier process management and controls, PPAP, APQP, and supporting programmes
- Experience undertaking measurement system analysis, statistical measurement and trend analysis (MSA, SPC & PFMEA).
- Internal and external experience in auditing systems and capabilities or possess a qualification in such systems
- Capable of effective decision making
- Skilled / experienced in root cause analysis and poka yoke
- Confident to discuss, enforce and recommend any concerns, solutions and constraints at the highest level
- Degree qualified or studying towards a degree
- Six Sigma certification desirable
- Possess excellent presentation skills, and the ability to see tasks through to a logical conclusion
- Willing to travel on a regular basis and prepared to spend time away from home
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6127
Full-Time, Permanent Supplier Quality Engineer Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Leyland, Lancashire, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk