Supervising Social Worker - West Country Fostering
MATERNITY COVER 12 MONTHS
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supervising Social Worker to join Five Rivers, a leading Social Enterprise who has been “turning children’s lives around” since 1989.
The service covers Devon, Torbay, Plymouth, and Cornwall and is currently expanding our footprint into North Cornwall and North Devon in line with our growth and development strategy.
This post of Supervising Social Worker is to cover a 12-month maternity leave.
Your base will be at our office in Truro, Threemilestone Business Park, Cornwall. We are a busy, friendly team keen to welcome a Supervising Social Worker to join us to cover Cornwall.
Our recent Ofsted inspection rated ‘Good’ stated:
Managers ensure that social workers receive regular, quality supervision. This provides opportunities for reflective discussions about practice and case complexities. Recordings of supervision are detailed, and action points are reviewed at subsequent sessions. Staff report feeling well supported and valued.
Working for Five Rivers has many benefits arising from its commitment as a Social Enterprise to invest heavily in the services it provides to Foster Carers, children, and members of the staff team. A significant benefit for the person appointed to this post is that they will have a manageable case load and the support and resources to engage positively with foster carers and children.
Five Rivers works from a Trauma informed (ATIC) model with integration across our fostering, residential, clinical and education services to achieve the best possible outcomes for young people.
The Supervising Social Worker will be responsible for:
- Direct support of foster carers within a realistic caseload which enables a high level of supervision, monitoring and intervention
- Working within a Trauma informed practice model which is continually evolving in line with research and practice developments
- Assist in undertaking initial visits to prospective foster carers
- Assist in carer recruitment activities
- Complete Form F Assessments following relevant training
- Be part of our Children and Young People Participations strategy and events
- Work in collaboration with all colleagues and managers to achieve a high standard of service to foster carers and young people whilst meeting all Ofsted requirements
- Taking part in our Out of Hours support to foster carers on a rota basis
- Taking part in our day duty service on a rota basis from the office
You will receive:
- Formal induction and training in our paperless electronic recording and management system (CHARMs)
- Professional social work supervision provided by a manager
- Individual and group Clinical reflective space provided by a qualified psychologist/clinician
- Opportunities to integrate with our clinical, education and residential service provision
- Competitive annual leave allowance
- Opportunity to take the lead in a specified service e.g. Parent and child, carer support groups
- Career progression opportunities
- Learning opportunities to meet the requirements of your CPD for Social Work England
- Market related salary plus on call allowance plus car allowance
- Pension scheme and access to employee assistance program
- Perk box discount scheme membership
You will have:
- The desire to be a team player who wants to achieve best possible outcomes for all our children and foster carers
- Experience of working in the fostering sector and/or children/young people in social care
- A formal social work qualification
- Be registered as a social worker with Social Work England
- The right to work in the UK
Five Rivers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Five Rivers is an Investor in People and Equal Opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates will be required to complete an Application Form, which we will send out in a separate email. Please keep an eye out for our email.
JOB REF: AWDO-C8616
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Five Rivers Child Care
Full-Time, Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Truro, Cornwall, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.