Supervising Social Worker who has experience working within the fostering sector and / or with children and young people is required to join our fantastic team at Five Rivers Child Care.
We are looking for someone who will always be thinking of the child and carers, ensuring they are at the forefront of all decisions.
SALARY: £29,000 - £33,444 per annum + Car Allowance + Our of Hours on Call Allowance + Benefits
LOCATION: You will travel throughout the South West covering Somerset, Bristol, Swindon and Gloucester.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37 Hours per Week, which could include weekends and after school hours. You will also be expected to be part of the on-call rota.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will require a full driving licence
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once you’ve applied, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
Five Rivers Child Care is a leading Social Enterprise who have been “turning children’s lives around” since 1989.
We are seeking to appoint a Supervising Social Worker to provide support to our Foster Carers throughout the South West.
Working as the Supervising Social Worker you will report into our Somerset Office rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted. You will have a manageable case load and the support and resources to engage positively with foster carers and children in a meaningful manner.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Supervising Social Worker:
- Direct support of foster carers within a realistic caseload which enables a high level of supervision, monitoring and intervention
- Working within a Trauma informed practice model which is continually evolving in line with research and practice developments
- Assist in undertaking initial visits to prospective foster carers and join carer recruitment activities
- Completing Form F Assessments
- Be part of our Children and Young People Participations strategy and events
- Work in collaboration with all colleagues and managers to achieve a high standard of service to foster carers and young people whilst meeting all Ofsted requirements
- Taking part in our Out of Hours support to foster carers on a rota basis
As the Supervising Social Worker, you will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- The desire to be a team player who wants to achieve best possible outcomes for all our children and foster carers
- Experience of working in the fostering sector and/or children/young people in social care
- A formal social work qualification
- Be registered as a social worker with Social Work England
- Have a valid driving license
Five Rivers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Five Rivers is an Investor in People and Equal Opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5882
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Five Rivers Child Care
Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Somerset, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.