Supervising Social Worker / Senior Practitioner who has experience working within the fostering sector and / or with children and young people is required to join our fantastic team at Five Rivers Child Care.
We are looking for someone who will always be thinking of the child, ensuring they are at the forefront of all decisions.
SALARY: £28,050 - £32,640 per annum + Car Allowance + Generous Benefits (See Below)
LOCATION: You will travel throughout the Gloucestershire and Swindon area. You will also report into the Gloucester office when required.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37 Hours per Week, which could include weekends and after school hours. You will also be expected to be part of the on-call rota.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will require a full driving licence
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once you’ve applied, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
Five Rivers Child Care is a leading Social Enterprise who turns children’s lives around. Our Fostering service is committed to providing caring families to children who need them the most.
Due to expansion we are seeking to appoint a Supervising Social Worker / Senior Practitioner to provide support to our Foster Carers throughout the Gloucestershire and Swindon area.
Working as the Supervising Social Worker / Senior Practitioner you will report into our Gloucester Office rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted and your role will be one of importance to the carers and children.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Supervising Social Worker / Senior Practitioner:
- Contribute to and participate in local carer recruitment activities
- Assist in undertaking initial visits, as required
- Carry out stringent assessment and completion of Form F to a high standard, presenting reports to panel
- Supervise and support allocated foster carers, and their placements, completing all necessary recording and reporting documentation
- Actively promote, develop and deliver training programmes which support the development of our foster carers
- Promote the agency externally ensuring that the agency’s policies to offer a professional, high-quality fostering service
- Work in liaison with all Regional colleagues to achieve a high standard of service which meets all Ofsted requirements and delivers improvements and enhanced standards
- Contribute to the Regional Business Plan regarding carer recruitment, carer retention and placement growth, in line with all targets and KPI’s
As the Supervising Social Worker / Senior Practitioner, you will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- We are looking for someone who will always be thinking of the child, ensuring they are at the forefront of all decisions
- Must be able to work as a team member to achieve best outcomes for the children
- Able to communicate with children and adults
- Experience of working in the fostering sector and/or children/young people is essential
- A formal social work qualification/s is necessary along with a HCPC registration
- A full driver’s licence is required
- Perkbox Scheme offering discounts in shops, restaurants, websites
- Employee Assistance Programme
Five Rivers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Five Rivers is an Investor in People and Equal Opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5464
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Five Rivers Child Care
Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Gloucester, Gloucestershire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.