Supervising Social Worker / Senior Practitioner who has experience working within the fostering sector and / or with children and young people in care is required to join our fantastic team at Five Rivers Child Care.
We are looking for someone who will always be thinking of the child and carers, ensuring they are at the forefront of all decisions.
SALARY: £29,000 - £34,444 per annum + Generous Benefits (See Below)
LOCATION: You will travel throughout the West Midlands and will report into the Bromsgrove Office
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37 Hours per Week, which could include weekends and after school hours. You will also be expected to be part of the on-call rota.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will require a full driving licence
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once you’ve applied, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
Five Rivers Child Care is a leading Social Enterprise who turns children’s lives around. Our Fostering service is committed to providing caring families to children who need them the most.
We are seeking to appoint a Supervising Social Worker / Senior Practitioner to provide support to our Foster Carers throughout the Midlands & North Region. The service essentially covers the West Midlands that includes, Bromsgrove, Birmingham, Nuneaton, Rugby, Coventry, Wolverhampton, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Leicestershire and surrounding areas in line with our growth and development strategy.
Working as the Supervising Social Worker / Senior Practitioner you will report into our Bromsgrove Office rated ‘GOOD’ by Ofsted and your role will be one of importance to the carers and children.
Working for Five Rivers has many benefits arising from its commitment as a Social Enterprise to investing heavily in the services it provides to Foster Carers, children, and members of the staff team. A significant benefit for the person appointed to this post is that they will have a manageable case load and the support and resources to engage positively with foster carers and children.
Five Rivers works from a Trauma informed (ATIC) model with integration across our fostering, residential, clinical and education services to achieve the best possible outcomes for young people.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Supervising Social Worker / Senior Practitioner:
- Direct support of foster carers within a realistic caseload which enables a high level of supervision, monitoring and interventio
- Working within a Trauma informed practice model which is continually evolving in line with research and practice development
- Assist in undertaking initial visits to prospective foster carers and join carer recruitment activities
- Complete Form F Assessment.
- Be part of our Children and Young People Participations strategy and events
- Work in collaboration with all colleagues and managers to achieve a high standard of service to foster carers and young people whilst meeting all Ofsted requirements
- Taking part in our Out of Hours support to foster carers on a rota basis
As the Supervising Social Worker / Senior Practitioner, you will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- We are looking for someone who will always be thinking of the child, ensuring they are at the forefront of all decisions
- Must be able to work as a team member to achieve best outcomes for the children and foster carers
- Able to communicate with children and adults
- Experience of working in the fostering sector and/or children/young people is essential
- A formal social work qualification/s is necessary along with a HCPC / Social Work England registration
- A full driver’s licence is required
As a successful candidate you will receive:
- Formal induction and training in our paperless electronic recording and management system (CHARMs)
- Professional social work supervision provided by a Manager
- Individual and group Clinical supervision provided by a qualified psychologist/clinician
- Opportunities to integrate with our clinical, education and residential service provision
- Competitive Annual Leave Allowance
- Perkbox Scheme offering discounts in shops, restaurants, websites
- Employee Assistance Programme
Five Rivers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Five Rivers is an Investor in People and Equal Opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5842
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Five Rivers Child Care
Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work Bromsgrove, Worcestershire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.