Supervising Social Worker who has experience working within the fostering sector and / or with children and young people, preferably within the Independent sector, is required to join our fantastic team at Five Rivers Child Care.
We are looking for someone who will always be thinking of the child and carers, ensuring they are at the forefront of all decisions.
SALARY: £29,000 - £39,000 per annum (depending on experience) + Car Allowance + Benefits
LOCATION: You will travel throughout Wiltshire, Hampshire, Dorset and the Isle of Wight and report into the Salisbury Office
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37 Hours per Week, which could include weekends and after school hours. You will also be expected to be part of the on-call rota.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will require a full driving licence and access to a vehicle as they will be expected to transport themselves around the area to undertake initial home visits
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once you’ve applied, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supervising Social Worker to join Five Rivers, a leading Social Enterprise who has been “turning children’s lives around” since 1989.
Five Rivers works from a Trauma informed (ATIC) model with integration across our fostering, residential, clinical and education services to achieve the best possible outcomes for young people.
This exciting new role providing quality support and supervision to our Foster Carers throughout the South and South East Service, reporting into the Salisbury Office rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted, your role will be one of importance to the carers and children.
Ideally you will be an experienced Supervising Social Worker, preferably within the Independent sector, who can work on their own initiative and as a team member to achieve the best outcomes for the children. Experience of working in the fostering sector and/or with children/young people is essential. We will also consider Senior Social Workers looking for a more supervisory role.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Supervising Social Worker:
- Direct support of foster carers within a realistic caseload which enables a high level of supervision, monitoring and intervention
- Working within a trauma informed practice model which is continually evolving in line with research and practice developments
- Assist in undertaking initial visits to prospective foster carers and taking part in carer recruitment activities
- Completing Form F Assessments
- Organising and supporting Children and Young People’s participation events
- Working in collaboration with all colleagues and managers to achieve a high standard of service to foster carers and young people whilst meeting all Ofsted requirements
- Taking part in the Out of Hours support to foster carers on a rota basis
As the Supervising Social Worker, you will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- A team player who wants to achieve best possible outcomes for all children and foster carers
- Experience of working in the fostering sector and/or children/young people in social care
- A formal social work qualification
- Be registered as a social worker with Social Work England
- A full driver’s licence and access to a vehicle is required
- The right to work in the UK
- Formal induction and training in the paperless electronic recording and management system (CHARMs)
- Professional social work supervision provided by a Manager
- Individual and group Clinical supervision provided by a qualified psychologist/clinician
- Opportunities to integrate with our clinical, education and residential service provision
- Competitive annual leave allowance
- Career progression opportunities
- Perkbox discount scheme membership
- Employee Assistance Programme
Five Rivers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Five Rivers is an Investor in People and Equal Opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7035
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Five Rivers Child Care
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Salisbury, Wiltshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.