An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supervising Social Worker to join Five Rivers, a leading Social Enterprise who has been “turning children’s lives around” since 1989.
You will be based in our Salisbury Office as part of our South and South East Service, rated Outstanding by Ofsted.
The service covers Wiltshire, Hampshire, Dorset and the Isle of Wight and is currently expanding our footprint into East and West Sussex in line with our growth and development strategy.
This exciting new role for a Supervising Social Worker is based in the East and West Sussex area of the service. There will be a minimal requirement to travel to the Registered Office in Salisbury for Monthly Team Meetings and Fostering Panel.
We are looking for an experienced Supervising Social Worker, preferably within the Independent sector, who can work on their own initiative and to a high standard alongside our Team Manager, to support existing carers and to continue to develop the locality.
Working for a social enterprise has many benefits but one of the most important benefits is that Five Rivers invests heavily in the services it provides to Foster Carers, children, and members of the staff team. This is different to many other Independent Fostering Agencies who pay dividends or other reimbursements to share-holders.
Five Rivers works from a Trauma informed (ATIC) model with integration across our fostering, residential, clinical and education services to achieve the best possible outcomes for young people.
The Supervising Social Worker will be responsible for:
- Direct support of foster carers within a realistic caseload which enables a high level of supervision, monitoring and intervention
- Working within a Trauma informed practice model which is continually evolving in line with research and practice developments
- Assist in undertaking initial visits to prospective foster carers and join carer recruitment activities
- Complete Form F Assessments
- Be part of the Children and Young People Participations strategy and events
- Work in collaboration with all colleagues and managers to achieve a high standard of service to foster carers and young people whilst meeting all Ofsted requirements
- Taking part in the Out of Hours support to foster carers on a rota basis
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Formal induction and training in the paperless electronic recording and management system (CHARMs)
- Professional social work supervision provided by a Manager
- Individual and group Clinical supervision provided by a qualified psychologist/clinician
- Opportunities to integrate with our clinical, education and residential service provision
- Competitive annual leave allowance
- Career progression opportunities
- Market related salary plus on call allowance plus car allowance
- Pension scheme and access to employee assistance program
- Perkbox discount scheme membership
- The desire to be a team player who wants to achieve best possible outcomes for all children and foster carers
- Experience of working in the fostering sector and/or children/young people in social care
- A formal social work qualification
- Be registered as a social worker with Social Work England
- Have a valid driving licence
- The right to work in the UK
Five Rivers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Five Rivers is an Investor in People and Equal Opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates will be required to complete an Application Form, which we will send out in a separate email. Please keep an eye out for our email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7711
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Five Rivers Child Care
Full-Time, Permanent Support Worker Jobs, Support Worker Careers and Support Worker Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Salisbury, Wiltshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.