An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supervising Social Worker to join Safehouses Fostering, part of Five Rivers Child Care, a leading Social Enterprise who has been “turning children’s lives around” since 1989.
As the Supervising Social Worker you will be based in our Greater Manchester region rated Outstanding by Ofsted.
The service essentially covers the Greater Manchester, West Yorkshire and surrounding areas in line with our growth and development strategy.
Working for Safehouses has many benefits arising from its commitment as a Social Enterprise to invest heavily in the services it provides to Foster Carers, children, and members of the staff team. A significant benefit for the Supervising Social Worker is that they will have a manageable case load and the support and resources to engage positively with foster carers and children.
Safehouses works from a Trauma informed (ATIC) model with integration across our fostering, residential, clinical and education services to achieve the best possible outcomes for young people.
You will be joining developing service with an impressive carer recruitment pipeline.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Supervising Social Worker:
- Direct support of foster carers within a realistic caseload which enables a high level of supervision, monitoring and intervention
- Working within a Trauma informed practice model which is continually evolving in line with research and practice developments
- Assist in undertaking initial visits to prospective foster carers and join carer recruitment activities
- Complete Form F Assessments
- Be part of the Children and Young People Participations strategy and events
- Work in collaboration with all colleagues and managers to achieve a high standard of service to foster carers and young people whilst meeting all Ofsted requirements
- Taking part in the Out of Hours support to foster carers on a rota basis
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Formal induction and training in THE paperless electronic recording and management system (CHARMs)
- Access to the ASYE Programme for newly qualified social workers
- Professional social work supervision provided by a Manager
- Individual and group Clinical supervision provided by a qualified psychologist/clinician
- Opportunities to integrate with clinical, education and residential service provision
- Competitive annual leave allowance
- Career progression opportunities
- Market related salary plus on call allowance plus car allowance
- Pension scheme and access to employee assistance program
- Perk box discount scheme membership
- The desire to be a team player who wants to achieve best possible outcomes for all children and foster carers
- Experience of working in the fostering sector and/or children/young people in social care
- A formal social work qualification
- Be registered as a social worker with Social Work England
- Have a valid driving licence
- The right to work in the UK
Five Rivers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Five Rivers is an Investor in People and Equal Opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates will be required to complete an Application Form, which we will send out in a separate email. Please keep an eye out for our email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7681
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Five Rivers Child Care
Full-Time, Permanent Support Worker Jobs, Support Worker Careers and Support Worker Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Manchester, Greater Manchester, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.