Foster Careline is part of the Five Rivers Child Care Group.
Five Rivers Child Care is a Social Enterprise committed to transforming the lives of children and young people through reinvesting their surplus in children’s futures.
We are seeking to appoint a Supervising Social Worker to provide support to our Foster Carers throughout the North West. Reporting into the Ellesmere Port Office, rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted, your role will be one of importance to carers and children.
As the Supervising Social Worker the supervision and support you will offer to our foster carers is crucial to enable them to provide the best care to the children we look after.
Assessing applicants and undertaking home visits will be part of the role of the Supervising Social Worker.
Ensuring our foster carers are supported post approval to further their skills is vital, so being able to work alongside carer colleagues to develop them is important. The position requires that the successful applicant is able to transport themselves around the North West.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Supervising Social Worker:
- Supervise and support a manageable caseload of foster carers, completing all necessary recording and reporting documentation
- Participate in carer recruitment activities
- Assist in undertaking initial visits, as required
- Carry out stringent assessment and completion of Form F to a high standard, presenting reports to panel, where required
- Work in liaison with all Regional colleagues to achieve a high standard of service which meets all Ofsted requirements
- Participate in the on-call rota
- This is a full-time position (37 hrs per week)
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Formal induction and training in THE paperless electronic recording and management system (CHARMs)
- Professional social work supervision provided by a Manager
- Individual and group Clinical supervision provided by a qualified psychologist/clinician
- Opportunities to integrate with clinical, education and residential service provision
- Competitive annual leave allowance
- Career progression opportunities
- Market related salary plus on call allowance plus car allowance
- Pension scheme and access to employee assistance program
- Perk box discount scheme membership
- Be a team player who wants to achieve best possible outcomes for all children
- Experience of working in the fostering sector and/or children/young people in social care is essential
- A formal social work qualification
- Be registered as a social worker with Social Work England
- Have a valid driving licence
- The right to work in the UK
Five Rivers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Five Rivers is an Investor in People and Equal Opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates will be required to complete an Application Form, which we will send out in a separate email. Please keep an eye out for our email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7684
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Five Rivers Child Care
Full-Time, Permanent Support Worker Jobs, Support Worker Careers and Support Worker Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.