Supervising Social Worker who has experience working within the fostering sector and / or with children and young people, preferably within the Independent sector, is required to join our fantastic team at Five Rivers Child Care.
We are looking for someone who will always be thinking of the child and carers, ensuring they are at the forefront of all decisions.
SALARY: £29,000 - £33,444 per annum (depending on experience) + Car Allowance + Benefits
LOCATION: The service essentially covers the West Midlands that includes, Bromsgrove, Birmingham, Nuneaton, Rugby, Coventry, Wolverhampton, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Leicestershire and surrounding areas
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 Hours per Week, which could include weekends and after school hours. You will also be expected to be part of the on-call rota.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will require a full driving licence and access to a vehicle as they will be expected to transport themselves around the area to undertake initial home visits
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once you’ve applied, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supervising Social Worker to join Five Rivers, a leading Social Enterprise who has been “turning children’s lives around” since 1989.
As the Supervising Social Worker you will be based in the Bromsgrove Office as part of the Midlands & North Region rated GOOD by Ofsted.
The service essentially covers the West Midlands that includes, Bromsgrove, Birmingham, Nuneaton, Rugby, Coventry, Wolverhampton, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Leicestershire and surrounding areas in line with our growth and development strategy.
Working as a Supervising Social Worker for Five Rivers has many benefits arising from its commitment as a Social Enterprise to invest heavily in the services it provides to Foster Carers, children, and members of the staff team.
Joining the team as a Supervising Social Worker has a significant benefit for the person appointed to this post as you will have a manageable case load and the support and resources to engage positively with foster carers and children.
Five Rivers works from a Trauma informed (ATIC) model with integration across our fostering, residential, clinical and education services to achieve the best possible outcomes for young people.
As a successful candidate you will be joining a developing service with an impressive carer recruitment pipeline. Bromsgrove is one of four offices that form part of the Midlands and North Region.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Direct support of foster carers within a realistic caseload which enables a high level of supervision, monitoring and intervention
- Working within a trauma informed practice model which is continually evolving in line with research and practice developments
- Undertaking initial visits to prospective foster carers and taking part in carer recruitment activities
- Completing Form F Assessments
- Organising and supporting Children and Young People’s participation events
- Working in collaboration with all colleagues and managers to achieve a high standard of service to foster carers and young people whilst meeting all Ofsted requirements
- Taking part in our Out of Hours support to foster carers on a rota basis
- We are looking for someone who will always be thinking of the child, ensuring they are at the forefront of all decisions
- Must be able to work as a team member to achieve best outcomes for the children and the foster carers
- Able to communicate with children and adults
- Experience of working in the fostering sector and/or children/young people is essential
- A formal social work qualification is necessary along with a Social Work England registration
- A full driver’s licence and access to a vehicle is required
- The right to work in the UK
- Formal induction and training in the paperless electronic recording and management system
- Professional social work supervision provided by a Manager
- Individual and group Clinical supervision provided by a qualified psychologist/clinician
- Opportunities to integrate with the clinical, education and residential service provision
- Competitive annual leave allowance
- Career progression opportunities
- Perkbox Scheme offering discounts in shops, restaurants, websites
- Employee Assistance Programme
Five Rivers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Five Rivers is an Investor in People and Equal Opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7336
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Five Rivers Child Care
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, West Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.