School / Education Welfare Officer / Student & Family Support Worker who is highly motivated, organised and flexible and has the skills and confidence to work proactively with families that are vulnerable and/or hard to reach, is required to join the a fast-growing Multi-Academy Trust in Bristol, South West England.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working as an Educational Welfare Officer for either a local authority or other setting.
SALARY: AST Grade 6/7 (depending on experience) + Benefits
LOCATION: Bristol, South West England – there are positions also available in Exeter and Frome
TYPE: Full-Time Permanent, Term-Time Only
** The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a School / Education Welfare Officer / Student & Family Support Worker who is highly motivated, organised and flexible and has the skills and confidence to work proactively with families that are vulnerable and/or hard to reach.
As the School / Education Welfare Officer / Student & Family Support Worker you will have a great awareness and understanding of the educational risk factors that lead to exclusion or poor attendance, and what the statutory responsibilities of the school and Local Authorities are in responding to these. You will also have a passion to enhance the life chances of young people and an ability to relate to children, young people, parents and professionals with clarity and sensitivity.
Working as the School / Education Welfare Officer / Student & Family Support Worker, you will be a dedicated professional who recognises the advantages of both teamwork and peer support. You will provide general advice to schools, parents, carers and stakeholders regarding all issues that impact on children and young people’s ability and opportunities to access education.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV and Cover Letter as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as the School / Education Welfare Officer / Student & Family Support Worker will include:
- Monitor whole school attendance data and advise key staff of trends, concerns and referrals
- Provide termly report, highlighting key information/trends and advice on next steps
- Contribute to multi-agency/multi-disciplinary meetings, groups, interventions, plans and strategies
- Support the school in fulfilling their legal obligations in relation to Children Missing in Education
- Support the regulations pertaining to the employment of school children and children in entertainment and to support those families who choose to home educate their child (EHE)
- Prepare Section 9 statements for Magistrates' Court
- Implement Early Intervention strategies when a child first shows signs of becoming a persistent absentee
- Ensure relevant cases are referred to the Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Work with the school to advise on, and complete referrals (e.g. Early Help, MASH, CAMHS, TAC etc.)
- Carry out announced and unannounced home visits
- Work with agencies within and outside of Children's Services to ensure a coordinated approach to improving attendance
- Comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, equal opportunities, confidentiality and data protection (GDPR)
- Educated to A level standard or NVQ3
- Degree Level or equivalent would be desirable
- Level 1 + safeguarding qualification
- Knowledge and application of the legislation that applies to the attendance for pupils including the Education
- Experience of working within an educational context as an Educational Welfare Officer
- Ability to plan and implement effective actions to support students with poor attendance or punctuality
- Excellent communication, numeracy and literacy skills
- Highly organised with good time management skills and the ability to work under pressure and independently
- Displays commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people
- Ability to handle sensitive issues keeping confidentiality as required
- An understanding of basic health and safety requirements
- High standards embracing honesty, integrity, loyalty and trustworthiness
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5453
Full-Time, Term-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Bristol, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk