Stock Controller with knowledge and experience of stock control and international shipping procedures and documentation, and excellent written and verbal communication skills is required for a well-established company based in Oundle, Peterborough.
SALARY: £20,000 per annum + Benefits (including great career opportunities, comprehensive benefits package including staff discounts, subsidised health care and pension plan, free parking, and much more.)
LOCATION: Oundle, Peterborough
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Stock Controller with knowledge and experience of stock control and international shipping procedures and documentation, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Working as a Stock Controller you will report into the Head of Buying, also working very closely with the Head of Operations who oversees the Contact Centre, Warehouse and all other logistics.
As the Stock Controller you will be responsible for expediting and tracking all incoming orders making sure they arrive correctly and on time, helping suppliers with import to find the most efficient and economical solution and keeping in regular communication with suppliers and couriers.
The company offer great career opportunities, comprehensive benefits package including staff discounts, subsidised health care and pension plan, free parking, and much more.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your role as Stock Controller will also include:
- Working with Finance to arrange Duty, VAT and Other Import charges to avoid delivery delays
- Reporting and tracking of supplier performance identifying and improving poor performers
- Booking large incoming deliveries in with the warehouse
- Be the main contact for all incoming couriers and freight forwarders
- Review, amend and maintain internal tracking procedure for all deliveries and suppliers
- All delivery related communications between buying, the warehouse and customer service
- Management of Direct Dispatch Suppliers making sure all orders are sent out in a timely manner and any issues or delays are identified early so customers can be contacted
- Warehouse stock management – identifying old, or slow-moving goods and suggesting strategy to clear
- Direct Dispatch stock management – liaising with suppliers and buyers to keep as many items in stock as possible whilst removing goods no longer available
- Price checking to make sure online offers are competitive
- Setting up, ordering and managing online only products
- Working with Marketing and Buying to increase online sales
- Knowledge and experience of stock control and international shipping procedures and documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication building relationships with suppliers and internal teams
- Interdepartmental communication
- High level of organization
- Excellent time management
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a team player but have the ability to work alone under your own initiative
- Knowledge or interest in Arts & Crafts is a bonus but not essential
- Knowledge of Incoterms 2020, Export License Controls, Export Procedures and documentation, Rules of Origin non preference and preference useful but training can be provided
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7129
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Oundle, Peterborough. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk