SQL Developer who has a relevant qualification in computer sciences, an excellent understanding of SQL Server and experience in creating and maintaining ETL routines in SSIS is required for a well-established company based in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire.
SALARY: Competitive + Benefits
BENEFITS: Private Healthcare, Health Cashplan, Pension Scheme, Death in Service and some flexibility to working
LOCATION: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire (Candidates will be required to travel to the Head Office in Lincoln monthly. Own transport would be beneficial)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a great opportunity for an SQL Developer who has a relevant qualification in computer sciences, an excellent understanding of SQL Server and experience in creating and maintaining ETL routines in SSIS.
As the SQL Developer you will have good troubleshooting skills and an inquisitive mindset with high standards of data quality and integrity.
Working as the SQL Developer you will cover Database Administration, SQL Server Development, ETL & Data Processing and General Software Development duties.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the SQL Developer will include:
SQL Server Database Administration
- Ensure servers and processes are fit for purpose and remain operational
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
SQL Server Development
- Translate business requirements and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure integration with The Company, Client and any other relevant systems
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and documentation
- Provide advice and insight into emerging technologies and techniques relevant to RDI core services
ETL & data processing
- Creating and maintaining the ETL routines in SSIS
- Liaising with team members to ensure smooth day to running of all ETL routines
- Loading and validating historic and live data feeds as required
- Supporting development, admin and analytical staff on usage of said routines
General Software Development
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
- Plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- Support and troubleshoot legacy applications to ensure continuity of service
- Training the end user or client on the final product as well as providing technical support whenever required
- A relevant qualification in computer sciences
- Excellent understanding of SQL Server
- Troubleshooting skills with an inquisitive mindset
- Forward thinking, identifies weaknesses and presents resolutions
- Excellent communication skills
- High standards of data quality and integrity
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6101
Full-Time, Permanent IT Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk