Speech and Language Therapist who is a registered member of HCPC and RCSLT with experience in an educational / school setting and working with autistic children, young people and / or adults with associated language / communication differences is required to join our team at Swalcliffe Park School.
SALARY: Competitive Salary Dependent upon Experience - NHS Equivalent Banding
BENEFITS: 13 weeks’ paid holiday and membership of Local Government Pension Scheme, comparable to NHS
LOCATION: Swalcliffe, Nr Banbury, Oxfordshire
JOB TYPE: Fixed Term Contract to September 2023 (Maternity Cover) with the potential for extension – For self-employed contracts – individual Contractor Agreement to be agreed.
Are you an experienced Speech and Language Therapist looking to progress in your career and develop your clinical specialism working with autistic and neurodiverse young people? And do you have a passion to empower and support the quality of life of autistic and neurodiverse young people? If so, Swalcliffe Park School wants to hear from you.
Swalcliffe Park School is a specialist day and residential school for autistic young people aged 10- 19 years old with cooccurring conditions such as language disorder associated with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and mental health conditions. The Speech and Language Therapy team is fully integrated within the school and offers therapeutic provision to our young people through whole school and environmental support as well as direct specialist support. We are committed to providing outstanding and individualised care which promotes and develops the quality of life of our young people and their families.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, creative and forward-thinking Speech and Language Therapist to join our friendly, innovative and growing team of three Speech and Language Therapists, three Occupational Therapists, two Clinical Psychologists and two Assistant Psychologists.
Your duties as the Speech and Language Therapist include:
- Responsibility for a manageable caseload completing assessment and delivering individual, small group and/or class-based interventions using evidence-based approaches
- Supporting both the education and residential aspects of the school to create a therapy informed environment
- Supporting and upskilling the school staff, residential staff and parents through liaisons, consultations and delivery of training and workshops
- Developing the whole school provision including creation and developing programmes and resources, subject specific support
- Strong MDT working including planning and delivery of joint assessments and joint therapy sessions with Occupational Therapy and Clinical Psychology teams
- Acting as a Keyworker to a designated student (where contracted hours allow)
As part of the Quality of Life (QoL) research that Swalcliffe Park School is leading, the role also includes promoting and developing language, social and communication skills within independence activities and functional life situations. This includes planning and delivering independence lessons and opportunities to support our young people within their immediate and wider communities.
The candidate must be registered with HCPC and RCSLT.
What can Swalcliffe Park school offer you?
- For employed staff - Outstanding benefits package including 13 weeks paid holiday and an enhanced pension scheme (LGPS)
- Beautiful countryside setting
- Ample and free onsite parking
- Working in an ‘Outstanding’ (2019) Ofsted rated school with Advanced Autism accreditation
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing training opportunities
- Development of clinical specialism in working with neurodiverse young people with a range of mental health conditions
- Access to a wide range of assessment and resources to support clinical work
- Regular CPD, onsite clinical supervision and access to relevant CENs
- Weekly team meetings for peer supervision and support
- Career development opportunities
- Supportive and friendly multi-disciplinary team
- Fully integrated working within the school in a well-established therapy service
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be expected to undertake an enhanced disclosure. We are an equal opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to the company for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C7842
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Swalcliffe Park School