The company is seeking a qualified and experienced Solicitor to lead the firm’s Personal Injury Department as the Head of Personal Injury.
LOCATION: Hartlepool, County Durham, North East England with the possibility of some remote / home working after completion of probation period
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
Working as the Solicitor / Head of Personal Injury you will undertake and administer all aspects of personal injury work and oversee the day to day running of a busy Personal Injury Department in a long-established North East firm.
Based in the Hartlepool office, as the Solicitor / Head of Personal Injury you should be capable of working unsupervised, have experience of managing your own caseload which includes matters relating to EL, PL, and Med Neg files and be able to confidently manage the support staff within the Personal Injury Department.
This role comes at an exciting time of expansion for the North East firm; this previously traditional private practice is transforming and modernising to build on their already reputable culture and ethos, making this an impressive Personal Injury Solicitor or Fee Earner vacancy within the current legal market. With an ambitious and driven Personal Injury team, this is not a fee earning role to miss out on.
The Personal Injury department works on a wide range of matters and does not work in a volume market. Rather this is quality personal injury and a small amount of clinical negligence work that is genuinely generated from word of mouth and reputation. The firm are also open to conversations surrounding flexible working opportunities following your probationary period which could see you working from home 1-2 days per week.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your Role as the Solicitor / Head of Personal Injury
- You will be running your own caseload of personal injury matters from start to finish. The bulk of your cases will be made up of mainly EL/PL along with elements of clinical negligence
- This successful PI team works closely with one of the equity partners of the firm and so there will be lots to gain from this part of the role to contribute to your overall career development
- You will be supported in this role by two Paralegals and one highly experience legal secretary who is an absolute asset to this team
- Work comes into this team from repeat business, existing clients, and recommendations/word of mouth. This is quality personal injury and clinical negligence work, not high-volume referrer work
As the Solicitor / Head of Personal Injury you will have the following skills and experience:
- You will have a solid background in Personal Injury and Medical Negligence matters including working knowledge on EL/PL processes and have excellent litigation skills
- Drive and ambition to progress and excel your career within this exciting private practice and commit to both professional and business development here long-term is really desired
- Ability to manage your caseload with full autonomy and a good background to further build upon
As a successful candidate the firm can provide a list of fantastic benefits:
- Seamless scope for career progression
- Opportunity to make a name for yourself in this role and really make this opportunity your own
With the personal injury market going through so many changes this is a real opportunity to step away from high volume, low quality work and step aside from volume RTA matters. This is a role that will expose you to low volume quality work with a mixed desk of EL/PL, a small amount of medical negligence and very few RTA matters. If this sounds interesting please get in touch.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7477
Full-Time, Permanent Legal Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Hartlepool, County Durham, North East England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk