Software Tester / Test Engineer who has manual and automated testing experience with an analytical and methodical thought process and good problem-solving skills is required for a well-established, award winning Digital Agency based in Spalding, Lincolnshire, East Midlands.
SALARY: up to £35,000 per annum + Benefits
LOCATION: Spalding, Lincolnshire, East Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Software Tester / Test Engineer who has manual and automated testing experience with an analytical and methodical thought process and good problem-solving skills.
Working as a Software Tester / Test Engineer you will contribute to the continuing advancement of the company’s testing approach and will need an understanding of CI and automation, from a tester's perspective, and of relevant test-driven techniques.
As a Software Tester / Test Engineer you will need to be skilled at testing software in an Agile environment, understanding how to develop tests from requirements, and conducting exploratory tests.
As a successful candidate you will be a dedicated, up to date on all the latest technologies, you will be comfortable working in a commercial development environment having worked to tight deadlines in previous positions, a proven problem solver who can add real value to our dedicated software team.
If you are passionate about quality and enjoy working in a friendly but challenging environment, then get in touch we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will be well presented with a drive to succeed and develop their career. The company is happy to train as required on their products and services giving you the opportunity to learn and develop your knowledge.
Your duties and responsibilities as a Software Tester / Test Analyst will include:
- Some experience of automated tests for execution
- Creating and executing manual tests, e.g., for exploratory testing
- Producing tests aligned to requirements in an Agile way, including, where required, production of scenarios, as a prelude to development
- Testing across a wide variety of software: APIs, User Interfaces
- Ensuring thorough coverage in the testing of new functionality
- Have some experience of automated test scenarios in frameworks like Cypress for the automation (with cucumber for defining the features / scenarios) and using BDD format using Gherkin syntax
- Experience with test automation approaches, for example, Cypress, Cucumber, Postman, Bitbucket
- Confident and precise execution of manual scripted tests, with an ability to automate such tests where appropriate
- Skilful in exploratory testing
- Experience of testing complex web-based applications
- Ability to program and execute automated tests
- Good Knowledge of version control systems
- Excellent team player, working with testers, developers, and management to ensure that work is being done consistently and in the right way
- Must be a self-starter, able to seek and absorb information and plan your own work
- Excellent communication skills, able to clearly articulate your thoughts, receptive to the views of others, transparent with stakeholders about your work
- Can provide technical leadership
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6455
Full-Time, Permanent IT Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Spalding, Lincolnshire, East Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk