Software Tester / Automation Test Engineer / Manager with experience developing test frameworks and building robust, scalable and effective automated tests is required for a well-established and successful Global Company based in Reading, Berkshire.
SALARY: Negotiable Depending on Experience
- A supported professional Training and Testing & QA Certification Programme
- Defined Career and Progression Plan
- Competitive Package + Overtime + Training + Healthcare + 7% Pension
- After an initial period - eligibility to apply for the staff mobility programme with Australia, New Zealand and India
- The opportunity to help build the Company’s test practice from near the start and really contribute to the development of the corporate culture
LOCATION: Reading, Berkshire
Travel to client sites throughout the UK will be required with overnight stays
** Exceptional Career Development Opportunities **
** Diverse Range of Projects **
** Clear Progression Path **
** Work for a Global, Dynamic, Market Leader **
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ: All Applicants MUST HAVE full working rights for the UK, be located within the UK right now, or if not be able to be on board within the UK within a 4 week period
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Software Tester / Automation Test Engineer / Manager with experience developing test frameworks and building robust, scalable and effective automated tests.
Working as the Software Tester / Automation Test Engineer / Manager you will consult with the Company’s top tier client base, where you will be required to develop and deliver Test Automation solutions to the highest level of quality.
As the Software Tester / Automation Test Engineer / Manager you must have experience working with multiple tools such as Selenium, RFT, MS Coded UI, Ranorex, Tosca, UFT/QTP etc.
The Company has its Head Office based in Reading. However, as they are a consultancy there will be travel required to various client sites across the UK and you will be expected to be prepared to stay away from home during the working week. You must be based in the UK, have full working rights and be ready to go with no delays…
ABOUT THE COMPANY
As a successful candidate, you will have a great opportunity to join this well-established, market leading Company that employs over 1,500+ permanent employees globally and are currently experiencing rapid growth. Due to this rapid expansion, they are seeking highly experienced Testers to join their UK teams on a permanent basis. You will be working with the best in the industry and enjoying a variety of employee incentives including award-winning career development programmes.
When joining the Company, you will work with like-minded colleagues who have a passion for testing excellence. With an encouraging and supportive environment, the UK team-orientated culture is helpful, friendly, inclusive and flexible, and by no means least, fun!
The Company operates with a flat-structure feel which enables you to have your contributions heard and acknowledged. They keep up-to-date with the ever-changing IT tools and throughout your career offer you the opportunity to focus on advancing your internationally recognised testing qualification (ISTQB / Agile + more) as well as learn new tools. In addition, they offer staff parties/activities, unrivalled employee benefits and a results-focussed culture that is inclusive, successful and they do it all with positivity and a smile.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Software Tester / Automation Test Engineer / Manager include:
- Create multiple test plans to cover all test cycles for a particular project
- Create or assist in the creation of a test strategy
- Provide estimates of required resources (time, people, skills, environments, tools etc.) for the project at the request of the test manager
- Identify appropriate resourcing for projects and test phases
- Negotiate access and organise configuration/build of suitable test environments
- Produce test schedules for a phase of testing
- Implementation and usage of multiple tools and best practices
- Identify and solve technical challenges with implementation and usage of tools within a small team
- Able to manage the defect process ensuring that all defects are analysed and fixes are scheduled and retested
- Provide regular reports to project test management and other interested parties
- Determine correct test data requirements and manage accordingly
- Contribute to post implementation reviews for discrete areas
- Complete client engagements from outset to completion in line with Project Plans and Estimates
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Proven Lead/Management experience within Automation, creating, developing and enhancing automation frameworks from scratch
- Proven experience delivering quality test automation solutions with multiple tools such as Selenium, RFT, MS Coded UI, Ranorex, Tosca, UFT/QTP etc.
- BDD with tools such as Cucumber, JBehave and RSpec
- A solid understanding of OOP development practices with Java, C# or similar
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical problems and implement innovative solutions
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills
- All Applicants MUST HAVE full working rights for the UK, be located within the UK right now, or if not be able to be on board within the UK within a 4 week period
- Web Service and API testing
- Ability to source control your test assets
- Practical SQL and database experience
- Exposure to Agile practices, Continuous Integration tools & DevOps
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4450
Full-Time, Permanent IT Technical Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Reading, Berkshire. Recruitment advertising and CV sourcing services provided by AWD online
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk