Software Development Engineer in Test / C# .Net Developer who has a solid coding / software engineering background and enjoys code analysis, software and system testing including unit tests and conduction code reviews is required for an established and highly innovative Defence and Technology Company based in Lincoln, Lincolnshire, East Midlands.
SALARY: Negotiable + Generous Benefits
LOCATION: Hybrid. Split between working remotely and the office in Lincoln, Lincolnshire, East Midlands (you must live within a commutable distance to Lincoln)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Due to the nature of elements of the role, the successful applicant must be a UK National and may be required to successfully complete National Security Vetting which may require criminal record, security service and credit reference checks; qualification will also normally require a minimum UK residency of at least 5 years.
As a result of the company’s continued success and business expansion we have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Software Development Engineer in Test / C# .Net Developer who has a solid coding / software engineering background and enjoys code analysis, software and system testing including unit tests and conduction code reviews.
Working as the Software Development Engineer in Test / C# .Net Developer you will support the development and delivery of bespoke IT products and you will be heavily involved in software and system testing, code analysis and reviews.
As the Software Development Engineer in Test / C# .Net Developer you will be a proactive, flexible and confident individual with excellent attention to detail and the discipline to produce consistently high-quality output, whilst committing to the principles of developing high quality systems to specific standards.
As a member of a small highly skilled testing team, the responsibilities of the role will necessarily be broad and varied and you should be prepared to assume a comprehensive range of responsibilities. You will be capable of working with minimum supervision and confident enough to contribute your own suggestions and ideas. You must have a ‘can do’ attitude as you will be required to take a flexible, constructive and timely approach to meeting the diverse needs of the business.
You will also have an inquisitive / analytical mind as you will research issues independently and suggest pragmatic, business-focused solutions. The company are also looking for candidates to demonstrate a desire to develop professionally within their growing business.
Your duties as the Software Development Engineer in Test / C# .Net Developer include:
- Contribute directly to systems engineering aspects of Company designed electronic mapping, mission support and electronic flight bag products
- Conduct software and system tests, including unit tests
- Conduct code analysis and reviews
- Development and maintenance of software tools for supporting test activities
- Derivation of software and system requirements from maturing software and systems with reference to stated design intent
- Development of software and system test procedures to satisfy the derived requirements
- Reviewing the work of others to ensure it is of suitable quality
- Continuous improvement of process and procedures
- Undertaking related project activities
- Supporting Mission Systems’ goals and activities
A Degree in a STEM subject (Ideally Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or numerate discipline); OR
Other qualifications backed up with evidence of experience in software development and test
- A methodical approach to work
- Expert user of modern office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)
- Familiarity with Systems and Software Engineering Lifecycles, interface and integration
- Working knowledge of Requirements, Architecture and Verification
- Experience in using Requirements, Verification and Configuration Management tools
- Proven experience of developing tests to satisfy stated requirements
- An understanding of modern operating systems (Microsoft Windows, Android)
- An understanding of the principles of configuration control
- Experience of static code analysis
- An understanding of safety and security related coding guidelines and best practice
- Experience in development and use of unit testing
- Proven experience of developing traceable requirements and design
- Proven software development experience using .Net, C, C# or C++
- Competent user of IBM Rational DOORS tools
- Software test background within the aerospace domain, military or civil
- Knowledge of the principles of the development of systems for safety related systems (RTCA/DO-178C, DO-200A, DO-254, IEC61508, etc.)
- Experience with interface and integration protocols such as: ARINC429, 629, MIL-STD 1553;
- Familiar with MAA Approval procedures
- Working Knowledge of COTS hardware
- Working knowledge of on-aircraft Integration
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8647
Full-Time, Permanent IT Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Lincoln, Lincolnshire, East Midlands . Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk