As a successful applicant you must have proven commercial experience working within a similar role.
SALARY: up to £35,000 per annum
LOCATION: Holborn, London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
Working as a Software Developer (Front End) you will join our technical team and build and deploy solutions across Chambers products, platforms and applications, ensuring they meet engineering and QA standards.
As a Software Developer (Front End), you will have experience working with web technologies or CMS / Content Management Systems, be self-motivated and delivery focussed with good knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle / SDLC and experience building semantic and responsive design applications.
Chambers and Partners is an independent research company operating across 200 jurisdictions delivering detailed rankings and insight into the world's leading lawyers.
Chambers empowers organisations to make informed decisions when selecting legal services, saving time and resources and reducing risk.
We continue to invest and innovate to deliver data-led platforms, enabling law firms to provide the right services and in-house counsel to partner with the right firms.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Software Developer (Front End) include the following:
- Be part of a cross functional team creating, optimising and maintaining features and functionality across a given project(s) or technical domain
- Deliver code in line with development standards
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team
- Contribute to the team’s ability to make and deliver on their commitments
- Innovate and experiment with technology to deliver real business benefits
- Regularly launch products and services based on your work and be an integral part of making these a success
- Understand the benefits, pros and cons of various technical options
- Assist in planning and undertake technical work on projects
- Test and debug various front end applications
- Deploy fully functional applications
- Document development and operational procedures
- Working within the agile framework at Chambers
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Previous Front-End development experience
- Demonstrable experience of HTML5, CSS3 and writing cross-browser compatible code
- Desired exposure to Sass or LESS
- Understanding of frameworks such as Bootstrap 4, Angular Material, or similar
- Desired exposure to NodeJS, Grunt, NPM
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs in your applications
- Previous experience of building semantic or responsive design applications
- Good knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Able to problem solve and contribute to solution options and recommendations
- Able to implement key architectural outcomes, such as reusability, performance, separation of concerns, quality and integrity
- A passionate software engineer with a history of driving his or her own technical and professional development
- Experience working with web technologies or content management systems
- Communication - Able to clearly communicate technical subjects to business and technology stakeholders
- Attention to Detail - focused on the finer details that make the difference
- Delivery Focus - pragmatic and driven to get solutions live
- Be comfortable and motivated to deliver on personal KPIs
- A Proactive attitude. A self-starter who seeks out opportunities for yourself and your team.
- Awareness of industry trends - such as challenges and best practices.
- Positive attitude - generating enthusiasm among team members
- Able to build strong personal relationships and trust
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5739
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Chambers and Partners