Social Worker who is experienced or newly qualified is required to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team within the Children and Young Peoples Service within Liverpool City Council.
Experience and Newly Qualified Candidates Considered
SALARY: £33,782 - £38,890 per annum (depending on experience) + Benefits
LOCATION: Liverpool, Merseyside, North West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 35 hours per week
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an experienced or newly qualified Social Worker to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team within the Children and Young Peoples Service, ensuring that the needs and aspirations of children are well understood and are promoted in all aspects of their lives.
Help us achieve our vision for all our children and young people to enjoy the best possible quality of life and to reach their full potential!
As a Social Worker you will help us provide a quality service for children and young people in need of help and protection, children who are looked after by the Local Authority, going through care proceedings and those children who have a plan for adoption.
We are also dedicated to supporting practitioners with their professional development and to provide a career pathway with a structured support programme and training opportunities.
Working as a Social Worker will include the following:
Assessment - This service is a dynamic city-wide service completing single assessments, including child protection. Working closely with MASH colleagues, there is a strong ethos of getting it right first time and keep children at the centre of what we do. Social Workers will benefit from a committed management team, regular supervision and innovative ways of working. The team enjoys agile working, giving greater flexibility in the way we work
Safeguarding - You will have a varied caseload ranging from Child in Need, child protection and court work. You will be supported by a robust management team and have the opportunity to develop your skills and your career prospects
Permanence - You will be responsible for working with children from 0-17 years. Ensuring permanence for children and young people in stable placements will be your priority and you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure that the needs and aspirations of children are well understood and are promoted in all aspects of their lives
This is an exciting opportunity to broaden your career. We offer a generous pension scheme, flexible working arrangements, agile technology, structured support programme, a culture of learning and continuous improvement, staff offers.
We welcome applications from both experienced and newly qualified staff.
- Social Work Degree or equivalent Social Work Qualification
- Current registration with Social Work England (or if a social work student, due to register within 5 months)
- Knowledge of childcare legislation, statutory guidance and best practice research
- Knowledge of the Assessment Framework and other relevant assessment and planning tools
- Knowledge of child development and family dynamics
- Knowledge of and an understanding of child protection and looked after children processes as outlined in Working Together to Safeguard Children and The Care Planning, Placement and Case Review (England) Regulations 2010
- Ability to demonstrate/develop a skill level in applying needs-led assessment and planning
- Ability to demonstrate effectively the role of a Corporate Parent in line with the Corporate Parenting Principles
- Ability to make informed child centred decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively and present coherent and relevant information to meetings/panel
- Ability to undertake direct work with children and young people and/or their carers
- Ability to effectively undertake partnership working with children, young people and families
- Ability to meet the demands of the service and produce work to a good standard within set timescales
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Liverpool City Council is committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and believe that the decision to appoint should be based upon whether an individual’s skills, experience, qualifications, and abilities make them the most suitable candidate for the role.
We reserve the right to close vacancies earlier than the specified date should we receive sufficient applications. If interested, please complete an application as early as possible.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7552
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Liverpool City Council