Shift Site Operative / Machine Operator who ideally has a background in engineering, chemical or mechanics with excellent customer service skills is required to monitor, top up and add liquids, fluids, lubricants and coolants to a range of commercial, heavy duty machinery for a Company based in Carrickfergus, County Antrim, Northern Ireland.
SALARY: £21,000 FTE, Pro Rata works out as £12,600 per annum + Benefits
LOCATION: Carrickfergus, County Antrim, Northern Ireland
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, 2 Year Fixed Term Contract
WORKING HOURS: 24 hours per week split over 3 x 8 hour days or would also consider 24 hours over 5 days for the right candidate.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Shift Site Operative / Machine Operator who ideally has a background in engineering, chemical or mechanics with excellent customer service skills is required to monitor, top up and add liquids, fluids, lubricants and coolants to a range of commercial, heavy duty machinery.
Working as the Shift Site Operative / Machine Operator you will work with the Company’s on-site team and with their customer, being based on their site in Carrickfergus.
As the Shift Site Operative / Machine Operator you will deliver a customer focused service and effectively manage the day-to-day use of the Company’s fluids, liquids, lubricants and coolants into the customer’s commercial machinery. You will also perform machine cleans, removing all foreign matter and fluids, replacing fluids and filters as per schedule.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Shift Site Operative / Machine Operator:
- Manage the use of the fluids on the shop floor in the most efficient manner
- Carry out analysis and corrective actions on water-based fluids
- Make fluid additions to maintain machine performance
- Clean out machine sumps when required
- Water treatment testing and recording of results
- Chemical additions to the manufacturing treatment baths
- Adhere to the Company’s safe working practices
- Promote the Company on the shop floor
- Present a good image of the Company on site
- Build relationships with customer shop floor personnel
- Carry out site duties as per the work schedule
- Record results from analysis carried out on the shop floor
- Identify site requirements, provide solutions and where possible suggest ways of continuously improving the services provided to the customer
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
Desired skills and experience:
- Previous experience of fluid management would be highly desirable
- Background in relevant areas such as engineering, chemicals, liquids, manufacturing, mechanics or maintenance preferably with experience working with commercial machines
- Able to maintain a controlled, confident, calm and effective manner at all times
- Ability to make sound decisions based on analysis and evaluation when resolving a crisis
- Able to work extremely well with others and always ready to listen, learn, assist and help
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5439
Part-Time, Permanent Engineering Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Carrickfergus, County Antrim, Northern Ireland. Recruitment and CV Sourcing Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk