Manufacturing Safety & Production Shift Manager with experience of managing teams with the ability to demonstrate strong management and investigation skills is required for a well-established Global International Company based in Chinley, High Peak Derbyshire, East Midlands.
SALARY: Circa £38,000
LOCATION: Chinley, High Peak Derbyshire, East Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Friday 06:00–14:00 / 14:00–22:00 / 22:00-06:00 on a rotating shift pattern
We are looking for a Manufacturing Safety & Production Shift Manager with experience of managing teams with the ability to demonstrate strong management and investigation skills
Working as the Manufacturing Safety & Production Shift Manager you will operate on a 3-shift rotating pattern reporting to the operations manager for compounds and recycling.
As the Manufacturing Safety & Production Shift Manager you will manage a team of 15-20 operators and will be responsible for shift performance and ensuring a safe and efficient workplace is maintained at all times.
As a successful candidate you will have a great opportunity to advance within a successfully growing global international company.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Manufacturing Safety & Production Shift Manager will include:
- Identification of risks and issues which could lead to injury or illness, coordinating and assisting with risk assessments, pursuing outstanding actions, ensuring that safety concerns are raised to senior management and that corrective actions are deployed
- Ensuring that the shift delivers each day to the planned requirements
- Output rates and productivity - Ensuring output rates are optimised for quality, output and consistency
- Control of sickness and absence, management of holiday entitlements and thorough investigation for unapproved absence
- Identifying training needs and gaps in competency, to ensure that training records are updated and that competency gaps are filled
- Zoning and 5S - responsible for creating the best working environment possible considering reasonable limitations
- Adherence to Standard operating procedures, safe systems of work and toolbox talks
- Reduction of waste - Identifying waste streams, implementing practical measures to reduce or eliminate waste in all areas, materials, movement, waiting, overproduction, over-processing and defects
- Experience of managing teams
- Able to demonstrate strong management and investigation skills
- Able to ensure a safe and efficient workplace is maintained at all times
- A Health & Safety qualification or background would be ideal, but not essential
- Experience in SMED, Lean, 8D 5’s is preferable
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6296
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Chinley, High Peak Derbyshire, East Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk