Manufacturing Quality & Operational Control Shift Manager with excellent management and team leadership skills is required for a well-established Global International Company based in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, East Midlands.
SALARY: circa. £40,000 per annum including Shift Pay (plus 22 days holiday, equivalent to 5 weeks annual leave, Life Assurance, Pension Scheme)
LOCATION: Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, East Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 42 Hours per Week, 12 Hour Shifts rotating 07:00 to 19:00 hrs and 19:00 to 07:00 hrs.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Manufacturing Quality & Operational Control Shift Manager with excellent management and team leadership skills.
Working as the Manufacturing Quality & Operational Control Shift Manager you will be responsible for circa 20 staff over the 12hr shift including agency workforce, ensuring daily communications, absence, holidays, disciplinaries, appraisals and individual training plans are established, being carried out and targets met.
As the Manufacturing Quality & Operational Control Shift Manager, you will also manage and control Quality and HSE requirements within parameters of authority ensuring that the standards are achieved and maintained.
As a successful candidate you will have a great opportunity to advance within a successfully growing global international company.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Manufacturing Quality & Operational Control Shift Manager:
- Manage a team of circa 20 staff over your shift, providing effective leadership and coaching
- Manage and control Quality and HSE requirements
- Provide expertise in process improvement techniques to achieve business objectives within the cost structure
- Carry out Problem analysis & problem solving and process improvement
- Fully investigate all accidents and incidents as required on shift
- Have full involvement with quality and operational controls and corrective actions whilst involving cell leaders and team members
- Collate and provide accurate data on KPI’s i.e. output, scrap, rework, resource utilisation
- Minimum qualifications: ILM/CMI/NEBS Supervision
- Must have previous experience leading people within a manufacturing / factory setting
- Must be able to positively influence and build good working relationships with people at all levels of the organisation
- Must be able to demonstrate a flexible management style
- Must be able to plan and organise activities of self and team, to achieve balance of proactive and reactive tasks
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Must be able to demonstrate a flexible and adaptable work ethic
- Must have a good working knowledge of H&S legislation
- Must have a good working knowledge of production management and best practice techniques
- A good working knowledge of continuous improvement techniques i.e. LEAN manufacturing, problem solving
- HNC/HND or equivalent professional experience in relevant manufacturing discipline
- NEEBOSH Diploma or IOSH Managing Safety
- Practical experience of plastic extrusion
- Lean/Business Improvement Qualification
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5633
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, East Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk