SHEQ Advisor with a good knowledge of Health and Safety and Risk Management within the workplace, ideally within a manufacturing or outdoor environment is required for a well-established company based in Droylsden, Manchester, North West England.
LOCATION: Droylsden, Manchester, North West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a SHEQ Advisor with a good knowledge of Health and Safety and Risk Management within the workplace, ideally within a manufacturing or outdoor environment.
Working as a SHEQ Advisor you will drive Health and Safety procedures on site, working with the SHEQ Manager and all departments in the continuation and upkeep of all established Health and Safety processes.
As a SHEQ Advisor you will be required to monitor, inspect and document safety performance across the business and communicate to the H&S Manager as appropriate in a constructive manner with recommended actions.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as a SHEQ Advisor will include:
- Provide support to the SHEQ Manager and Officer in day-to-day tasks
- You will need to have excellent communication skills, the ability to take charge and direct others and ideally a proven track record within a safety and/or quality role
- You will drive H&S on site, working with the SHEQ Manager and all departments in the continuation and upkeep of all established Health and Safety processes
- You will ensure policies and procedures are up to date and in line with current legislation, support the internal audit and review process and issue PPE
- Strive to creative a positive incident reporting culture within the group to ensure all incidents are properly investigated and root causes established; ensuring recommendations are communicated and implemented
- Complete Onsite inspections multiple times a day across the site, highlighting issues in a timely manner
- Monitor, inspect and document safety performance across the business and communicate to the H&S manager as appropriate in a constructive manner with recommended actions
- Ideally come from a training background to help facilitate training for the site. Work toward implementing Toolbox Talks and Safety Alerts
- Contribute to the development of the Safety Management System
- An industry recognised qualification such as the NEBOSH Certificate (or equivalent)
- Demonstrable, significant experience in health and safety, including operations experience
- Desirable qualifications would include industry recognised Environmental qualification such as the IEMA or NEBOSH, Quality qualification
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft I.T. programs
- Full Clean UK Driving Licence essential
- Great understanding of recognised best practice, risk management and management principles, supported by a thorough appreciation of health and safety within a regulated industry sector
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with staff of all levels
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as this role will be working out on the site at times
- Have a genuine interest in Health and Safety and wanting to develop themselves and others
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Willingness to undertake training and further qualifications highly desirable
- Proven, demonstrable experience in a similar Health and Safety / Health Safety & Environmental role, ideally gained in a similar industry such as recycling, manufacturing would be desirable
- Flexibility, confidence and use of initiative is essential, thinking on your feet and being adaptable to change, enabling the department to offer an efficient and effective running
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8542
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Droylsden, Manchester, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk