Senior Youth Worker / Young People Team Leader with experience of leading and inspiring a team of young people in a safe and inclusive setting, a strong work ethic and solution-orientated mind-set is required for a well-established Charity based Plymouth, Devon, South West England.
This role is a National Citizen Service programme running in the Summer and Autumn school holidays and would be ideal for candidates with a teaching background who are looking for work outside of school term time.
SALARY: Circa £330 per week (non-residential) / £570 per week (residential)
LOCATION: There are roles in Plymouth and London
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, 2 or 3 week summer/autumn programme
PROGRAMME DATES: The summer programme will run in July and August, with the autumn programme taking place over October half term. As a Team Leader you will be required to work for the entire duration of the two or three week programme.
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Senior Youth Worker / Young People Team Leader with experience of leading and inspiring a team of young people in a safe and inclusive setting, a strong work ethic and solution-orientated mind-set.
As the Senior Youth Worker / Young People Team Leader you will be instrumental in creating a safe, positive and life-changing experience for a team of young people throughout the National Citizen Service (NCS) programme, alongside one other Team Leader.
Working as the Senior Youth Worker / Young People Team Leader you will provide pastoral care, deliver inclusive curriculum sessions and support young people in social action or community-centred initiatives.
Background to National Citizen Service (NCS)
NCS exists to engage, unite, and empower young people, building their confidence so they can go out there and achieve their dreams, no matter where they are from or what their background is.
From the life skills they develop to the friends they make, NCS Trust’s ambition is clear – They want to give teenagers an opportunity to unleash their potential, to build their self-belief and get them prepped for life after school.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Senior Youth Worker / Young People Team Leader will include:
- Pastoral care, safeguarding, and the overall development of a group of young people, the number of which being determined by social distancing guidelines at the time, on your team alongside one other Team Leader
- Effectively manage behaviour and meet the personal development needs of young people with the support of the Wave Leader
- Work collaboratively with your Wave Leader and liaise effectively with other staff on the wave
- You will participate in and ensure active participation of all young people in activities while also adapting to any specific needs in your team
- You will deliver curriculum sessions in line with the NCS ethos including guided reflection
- You will lead visits to community partners and charities and foster those relationships to deliver meaningful social action and/or community-centred initiatives
- Experience of leading and inspiring a team of young people in a safe and inclusive setting. This can be in a paid or voluntary role
- Experience of facilitating engaging, structured group sessions and activities
- Experience of working in high-pressure, complex settings and demonstrating a solution-oriented mind-set
- Understanding of GDPR and dealing with sensitive data
- You will be capable of ensuring strict adherence to policies and procedures as laid out by the organisation, specifically safeguarding, health and safety, risk assessment, and incident reporting
- A strong work ethic with an awareness of the bigger goal of social integration and cohesion
- An enthusiasm for activity planning and implementation ensuring accessibility for all
- Experience of effective behaviour management and meeting the personal development needs of young people
- Proven ability to lead guided activities based on set learning plans and curriculum
- The ability to tailor sessions to a wide range of learning-styles so that everyone can access the material and activities
- Experience of working on a residential programme
- An existing awareness of current socio-economic issues and trends which may affect young people in a post Covid-19 climate
HOW TO APPLY
Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-T6426
Part-Time, Seasonal Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Plymouth, Devon, South West England or London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk