Senior Technical Design Engineer / CAD Designer that has a Mechanical or Building Engineering background and in-depth experience of mechanical design processes is required for a Company based in Lupton, Carnforth, Lancashire.
SALARY: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum + Benefits
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Senior Technical Design Engineer / CAD Designer with the ability to scope out and design heating systems using a high level of mechanical design expertise.
Working as the Senior Technical Design Engineer / CAD Designer you will fully assess the customer site, review the location/building and conduct a full site survey, accurately obtaining information to be used in the energy calculations.
As the Senior Technical Design Engineer / CAD Designer you will be able to execute accurate energy calculations including heat loss, making informed recommendations about the system design and boiler size.
As a successful candidate you will have an excellent opportunity to join a Company that can offer excellent career development opportunities.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Senior Technical Design Engineer / CAD Designer:
- Make informed recommendations about the system design and boiler size
- Design of piping schemes for the biomass system using AutoCAD taking into account all customer requirements, space available and contingencies
- Communicate recommendations with the Technical Design Engineer, Operations Managers, Project Managers and relevant staff and obtain approval
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with working drawings/ specification
- Ensure that all company procedures, latest legislation, Quality, Health and Safety standards are incorporated into designs
- Attend and make a valuable contribution to planning meetings
- Monitoring and reporting on Health & Safety
- Provide technical input to installation projects throughout delivery process when required
- Monitor all works against national standards and Quality, Health and Safety frameworks
Team Management Responsibilities
- Skilful management of the Design team ensuring that best practice and project schedules are maintained at all times
- Provide training and development opportunities underpinned by the appraisal process
- Ensuring positive and open communications internally
- Provide training and development opportunities to the team
- Manage the team and the delivery of their functions including frequent communications and regular performance appraisals
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- A broad understanding of engineering systems
- In depth experience of the mechanical design processes
- Experience of working with AutoCAD
- Experience of using ‘Energy-Pro’ heating software
- Previous or current experience of the biomass / renewable energy sector is preferable
- Health & Safety Qualification such as NEBOSH and/ or SMSTS would be desirable
- Preferably a CIBSE accreditation
- Good understanding of quality procedures
- Graduate in Mechanical Engineering or Building Engineering or similar
- Strong numeracy skills with strong academic qualifications to support this
Operates with the utmost integrity, commitment and highest degree of self-motivation
A confident, professional and excellent communicator at all levels and in all working capacities including written and verbal communication skill
Confident, technically astute with an ability to achieve outcomes and deadlines
Strong work ethic with a positive outlook
Mature, credible, reliable, tolerant and determined
Keen for a new experience, responsibility and accountability
Able to get on with others and be an effective team-player
Ability to work under pressure, managing competing priorities, always punctual and ensuring deadlines are met
Good commercial awareness / skills
Computer literacy in dealing with standard MS Office packages, including spreadsheets and data bases
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Full-Time, Permanent Engineering Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in Lupton, Carnforth, Lancashire
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk