Senior Social Worker with or without Supervising Experience who has experience working within the fostering sector and / or with children and young people, preferably within the Independent sector, is required to join our fantastic team at Five Rivers Child Care.
We are considering Senior Social Workers with or without supervising experience to take on a role of a Supervising Senior Social Worker.
We are looking for someone who will always be thinking of the child and carers, ensuring they are at the forefront of all decisions.
SALARY: £29,000 - £34,444 per annum + Car Allowance + Generous Benefits (See Below)
LOCATION: Killingworth, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, North East England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37 Hours per Week, which could include weekends and after school hours. You will also be expected to be part of the on-call rota.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will require a full driving licence and access to a vehicle as they will be expected to transport themselves around the area to undertake initial home visits
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once you’ve applied, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Social Worker with or without supervising experience to join Five Rivers, a leading Social Enterprise who has been “turning children’s lives around” since 1989.
This exciting new role is based in The Fostering Company North East providing quality support and supervision to our Foster Carers throughout the Newcastle-Upon-Tyne area. Reporting into the Killingworth office rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted, your role will be one of importance to the carers and children.
Ideally you will be an experienced Supervising Social Worker, preferably within the Independent sector, who can work on their own initiative and as a team member to achieve the best outcomes for the children. Experience of working in the fostering sector and/or with children/young people is essential. We will also consider Senior Social Workers looking for a more supervisory role.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Senior Social Worker:
- Contribute to and participate in local carer recruitment activities
- Assist in undertaking initial visits, as required
- Carry out stringent assessment and completion of Form F to a high standard, presenting reports to panel
- Supervise and support allocated foster carers, and their placements, completing all necessary recording and reporting documentation
- Actively promote, develop and deliver training programmes which support the development of our foster carers
- Promote the agency externally ensuring that the agency’s policies to offer a professional, high-quality fostering service
- Work in liaison with all Regional colleagues to achieve a high standard of service which meets all Ofsted requirements and delivers improvements and enhanced standards
- Contribute to the Regional Business Plan regarding child/young person participation carer recruitment, carer retention and placement growth, in line with all targets and KPI’s
- Taking part in our Out of Hours support to foster carers on a rota basis
As the Senior Social Worker, you will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- We are looking for someone who will always be thinking of the child, ensuring they are at the forefront of all decisions
- Must be able to work as a team member to achieve best outcomes for the children and the foster carers
- Able to communicate with children and adults
- Experience of working in the fostering sector and/or children/young people is essential
- A formal social work qualification is necessary along with a Social Work England registration
- A full driver’s licence and access to a vehicle is required
- The right to work in the UK
- Formal induction and training in our paperless electronic recording and management system (CHARMs)
- Professional social work supervision provided by a Manager
- Individual and group Clinical supervision provided by a qualified psychologist/clinician
- Opportunities to integrate with our clinical, education and residential service provision
- Competitive annual leave allowance
- Perkbox Scheme offering discounts in shops, restaurants, websites
- Employee Assistance Programme
Five Rivers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Five Rivers is an Investor in People and Equal Opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6013
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Five Rivers Child Care
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Killingworth, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.