Senior Social Worker with or without Supervising Experience who has experience working within the fostering sector and / or with children and young people, preferably within the Independent sector, is required to join our fantastic team at Five Rivers Child Care.
We are considering Senior Social Workers with or without supervising experience to take on a role of a Supervising Senior Social Worker.
We are looking for someone who will always be thinking of the child and carers, ensuring they are at the forefront of all decisions.
SALARY: £29,000 - £34,444 per annum + Car Allowance + Generous Benefits (See Below)
LOCATION: Candidates can be based anywhere within East and West Sussex, as you will travel throughout the region. You will also be required to report into the Salisbury office for monthly team meetings and fostering panels
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37 Hours per Week, which could include weekends and after school hours. You will also be expected to be part of the on-call rota.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will require a full driving licence and must live in either East or West Sussex
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once you’ve applied, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Social Worker with or without supervising experience to join Five Rivers, a leading Social Enterprise who has been “turning children’s lives around” since 1989.
This exciting new role is based in the East and West Sussex area of the service. There will be a minimal requirement to travel to the Registered Office in Salisbury (rated Outstanding by Ofsted) for Monthly Team Meetings and Fostering Panels.
Ideally you will be an experienced Supervising Social Worker, preferably within the Independent sector, who can work on their own initiative and to a high standard alongside our Team Manager to support existing carers and to continue to develop the locality. We will also consider Senior Social Workers looking for a more supervisory role.
Working for a social enterprise has many benefits but one of the most important benefits is that Five Rivers invests heavily in the services it provides to Foster Carers, children, and members of the staff team. This is different to many other Independent Fostering Agencies who pay dividends or other reimbursements to share-holders.
Five Rivers works from a Trauma informed (ATIC) model with integration across our fostering, residential, clinical and education services to achieve the best possible outcomes for young people.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Senior Social Worker:
- Direct support of foster carers within a realistic caseload which enables a high level of supervision, monitoring and intervention
- Working within a Trauma informed practice model which is continually evolving in line with research and practice developments
- Assist in undertaking initial visits to prospective foster carers and join carer recruitment activities
- Complete Form F Assessments
- Be part of our Children and Young People Participations strategy and events
- Work in collaboration with all colleagues and managers to achieve a high standard of service to foster carers and young people whilst meeting all Ofsted requirements
- Taking part in our Out of Hours support to foster carers on a rota basis
As the Senior Social Worker, you will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- We are looking for someone who will always be thinking of the child, ensuring they are at the forefront of all decisions
- Must be able to work as a team member to achieve best outcomes for the children and the foster carers
- Experience of working in the fostering sector and/or children/young people is essential
- A formal social work qualification
- A full driver’s licence is required
- The right to work in the UK
- Formal induction and training in our paperless electronic recording and management system (CHARMs)
- Professional social work supervision provided by a Manager
- Individual and group Clinical supervision provided by a qualified psychologist/clinician
- Opportunities to integrate with our clinical, education and residential service provision
- Competitive annual leave allowance
- Perkbox Scheme offering discounts in shops, restaurants, websites
- Employee Assistance Programme
Five Rivers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Five Rivers is an Investor in People and Equal Opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6002
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Five Rivers Child Care
Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work covering East and West Sussex. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.