Food and Drink Senior Sector Technical and Regulatory Executive who has knowledge of the food and drink industry and government bodies with good technical expertise in food safety and regulatory issues is required to join our team at The Food & Drink Federation, based in Bloomsbury, London.
SALARY: up to £35,000 per annum
LOCATION: Bloomsbury, London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We’re the Food and Drink Federation (FDF) - the voice of the UK food and drink industry: the largest manufacturing sector in the country. We help our members operate in a highly regulated marketplace to maximise their competitiveness and profitability. Our job is to communicate our industry's values and concerns to Government, regulators, consumers and the media. We also work in partnership with key players in the food supply chain to ensure our food is safe, affordable and nutritious.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Food and Drink Senior Sector Technical and Regulatory Executive to join the Associations and Groups team sitting within the wider Regulatory and Science team at the Food and Drink Federation (FDF). FDF is the representative body of the UK’s largest manufacturing sector. As well as working closely with companies, a number of sector specific food trade associations are also our members, and these associations are the focus of this role.
Working as the Food and Drink Senior Sector Technical and Regulatory Executive the role provides Secretariat support to some of the key sector associations we represent, acting as the main point of contact on technical and regulatory developments. As the Food and Drink Senior Sector Technical and Regulatory Executive you will play an important role in ensuring that companies are kept up to date across a broad range of policy and regulatory requirements, ensuring information is tailored to specific associations requirements. The role involves working closely with the FDF’s wider team of policy experts as well as member companies, regulators, and a wide range of both UK and EU stakeholders.
As Food and Drink Senior Sector Technical and Regulatory Executive you will be responsible for:
- Providing Secretariat support for a number of committees, both technical and Board level. This will involve the timely preparation of agendas, papers and minutes, and following up agreed action points
- Monitoring scientific, technical and regulatory developments, including the study and analysis of relevant UK Government, EU, Codex Alimentarius and other policies and proposals as they relate to the relevant Associations and Groups
- Analysing, summarise and disseminate technical documents in a timely and accurate manner on food issues relating to those key sectors
- Liaising with FDF policy committees, government departments, European Associations and other stakeholders to ensure members are up to date and can input into the development of policy positions. This will include attending external meetings and some travel to European meetings
- Working alongside the Associations and Groups Manager, take responsibility for the day to day financial management of the Associations and Groups responsible for
- Helping to communicate policies clearly and accurately, through a variety of channels including presenting at meetings, regular written updates, keeping the website up-to-date and writing microblogs
- Assisting, as required, in the management of food incidents
- Deputising for the Associations and Groups Manager in their absence
The Associations and Sector Groups team sits within FDF’s wider Regulation and Science team, which provides a timely and expert service to members, on technical and regulatory developments of interest to the UK food and drink industry. The team covers a wide range of issues including Allergens, Food Contact Materials, Food Law and Labelling, Microbiology, New Technologies, Nutrition, Residues and Contaminants.
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in food science or another relevant discipline
- Experience in food industry, regulatory authority, trade association or similar organisation is desirable.
- Experience of scientific or regulatory policy development is desirable
Skills / Knowledge
- Knowledge of the food and drink industry and government bodies
- Technical expertise in food safety and regulatory issues
- Responsible self-starter but also a highly motivated team player
- Strong ability to manage a diverse workload and a wide range of issues
- Good ability to sustain a range of working relationships
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good administrative and finance ability
- Line management experience desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
FDF is a great place to work where we take wellbeing seriously and have a great benefits package to match, offering a pension scheme, life insurance, 25 days holiday, private healthcare, leisure travel insurance, gym subsidy, interest-free season ticket loan and cycle-to-work scheme.
We’re based in the heart of central London in a modern, bright open-plan office. We have a friendly work culture with great break-out spaces, quiet booths and opportunities for flexible-working. Our ‘Feel Good for Life’ team regularly organises events and activities to promote positive health and wellbeing.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7389
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of the Food & Drink Federation.