Senior Sector Technical and Regulatory Executive who is a technical expert in food safety and regulatory issues with knowledge of the food and drink industry and government bodies is required for a well-established organisation based in Bloomsbury, London.
SALARY: up to £35,000 per annum + Benefits (see below)
LOCATION: Bloomsbury, London
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Full-Time
The organisation is the voice of the UK food and drink industry: the largest manufacturing sector in the country. They help their members operate in a highly regulated marketplace to maximise their competitiveness and profitability. Their job is to communicate their industry's values and concerns to Government, regulators, consumers and the media. They also work in partnership with key players in the food supply chain to ensure the food is safe, affordable and nutritious.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Sector Technical and Regulatory Executive to join the Associations and Sector Groups team, which provides a timely and expert service to members on technical and regulatory developments of interest to the UK food and drink industry.
As the Senior Sector Technical and Regulatory Executive your role is to provide Secretariat and technical support to smaller food sector trade associations. You will act as the main point of contact, in particular with regard to technical and regulatory developments. You will assist companies on food policy issues and, where relevant, develop position papers, respond to consultations and gather supporting data.
Working as the Senior Sector Technical and Regulatory Executive you will liaise with relevant stakeholders on key issues, particularly European sector groups and UK government officials. You will work with a broad range of colleagues, particularly those with specialist policy knowledge in various aspects of food safety and legislation, as well as the corporate affairs team.
As Senior Sector Technical and Regulatory Executive, you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring scientific, technical and regulatory developments, including the study and analysis of relevant UK Government, EU, Codex Alimentarius and other policies and proposals as they relate to the relevant Associations and Groups
- Analysing, summarise and disseminate technical documents in a timely and accurate manner on food issues relating to those key sectors
- Liaising with policy committees, government departments, European Associations and other stakeholders to ensure members are up to date and can input into the development of policy positions. This will include attending external meetings and some travel to European meetings
- Working alongside the Associations and Groups Manager, take responsibility for the day to day financial management of the Associations and Groups responsible for
- Helping to communicate policies clearly and accurately, through a variety of channels including presenting at meetings, regular written updates, keeping the website up-to-date and writing microblogs
- Assisting, as required, in the management of food incidents
- Deputising for the Associations and Groups Manager in their absence
The organisation’s Associations and Sector Groups team sits within the wider Regulation, Science and Sustainability team, which provides a timely and expert service to members on technical and regulatory developments of interest to the UK food and drink industry. The team covers a wide range of issues including: Allergens, Food Contact Materials, Food Law and Labelling, Residues and Contaminants.
- Knowledge of the food and drink industry and government bodies
- Technical expertise in food safety and regulatory issues
- Strong ability to manage a diverse workload and a wide range of issues
- Good ability to sustain a range of working relationships
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good administrative and finance ability
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Line management experience desirable
- IT literate with experience of Word, PowerPoint and Excel
The organisation is a great place to work where they take wellbeing seriously and have a great benefits package to match, offering a pension scheme, life insurance, 25 days holiday, private healthcare, leisure travel insurance, gym subsidy, interest-free season ticket loan and cycle-to-work scheme.
The organisation is based in the heart of central London in a modern, bright open-plan office. They have a friendly work culture with great break-out spaces, quiet booths and opportunities for flexible-working. Their ‘Feel Good for Life’ team regularly organises events and activities to promote positive health and wellbeing.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV, Covering Letter and Salary Expectations to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6206
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Bloomsbury, London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk