Senior Product Designer with a full spectrum of skills from UX, interaction and visual design and the ability to think about ‘how a product should work’ as well as ‘how it should look’ is required to join our team at Chambers and Partners based in Holborn, London.
SALARY: £80,000 - £90,000 per annum
LOCATION: Holborn, London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
PLEASE NOTE: Please include a web link to your online portfolio on your CV
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Senior Product Designer with a full spectrum of skills from UX, interaction and visual design and the ability to think about ‘how a product should work’ as well as ‘how it should look’.
Working as the Senior Product Designer you will help us evolve our strategic objectives and initial concepts into clearly defined products that will inspire and engage customers within the legal sector.
Joining the company at an exciting and critical phase of its development, you will have the opportunity to directly shape and influence the product strategy, leading a discovery workstream focused on transforming our rankings, directories and profile propositions to refine concepts and create designs and prototypes which can be tested directly with customers.
As the Senior Product Designer, you will work alongside the CPO and a small squad. You will initially play a critical role within a strategic proposition review, building the business case for your product concepts, before switching to delivery of your designs, working with our team of engineers and developers to secure a world class experience for Chambers’ customers and users.
Chambers and Partners is a globally renowned brand and leading provider of independent, trusted research on the legal market.
Over the past 12 months, Chambers has embarked on a business transformation project, with the goal of building on its reputation as the gold standard in legal rankings and directories to develop a world class range of digital products and data analytics services.
Our mission is to maximise the opportunity for our customers and users to benefit from the unique level of depth and insight in our trusted market research and provide high quality solutions to their needs.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Senior Product Designer include the following:
- Concepting, researching and designing usable and elegant digital product solutions to meet the needs of our customers and develop our proposition
- Accountable for conducting user research, to truly understand pain points, need states and jobs to be done, using a variety of techniques to validate your work - including internal and external research and testing
- Prototyping concepts efficiently to effectively communicate your ideas and validate flows
- Working collaboratively with a small product squad, including product manager, product owner, developers, engineers
- Leading a workstream and influencing the future product roadmap and engineering landscape together with a product manager
- A vocal, active member of the team to ensure we are constantly raising our standard of work and being an advocate of the customer’s needs
- Work closely with product managers to ensure designs and product concepts meet business needs, strategic goals and product KPIs
- Champion ‘one team’ agile working practices, supporting rapid benefit delivery and autonomous working
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Portfolio featuring relevant work examples and delivery of high-quality design solutions
- Experience in B2B SAAS highly desired
- Ability to think at a high-level about product, not only 'how it should look' but 'how it should work’
- A strong understanding of research frameworks – how to understand the customers challenges and needs
- Experience leading small teams in a cross-functional environment
- Understanding of user-centered design and usability principles
- Understands and champions agile ways of working
- Prioritisation skills to handle fast paced dynamic environment
- Experience in working with granular design system frameworks
- Excellent communication skills to confidently articulate design decisions when questioned and define product needs in a thorough yet understandable format
- Basic understanding of product engineering and programming
- Be part of the Product Design community - it’s your passion as well as a job
- Knowledge or experience of the legal sector is desirable, but not essential
- An end-to-end thinker and creative problem solver – curious to learn about the work and needs of a complex legal industry and hungry to make our customers lives better
- A world-class designer – you have a full spectrum of skills from UX, interaction and visual design skills which can be used to create elegant solutions to the incredibly high standards
- A collaborative leader – passionate about growing and sharing your skills to help other team members to develop and to refine their talents
- Customer-centric in thought – championing user research, through prototyping and feedback – you place the customer at the heart of every decision you make
- A proactive self-starter who continuously seeks ways to improve
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you have the ability to communicate complex subjects, ‘sell’ ideas, and drive consensus in meetings, workshops and 1-1 interactions
- An agent of change, who enjoys the challenge of transforming and evolving a business, disrupting convention and making a mark on an industry
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are committed to fostering and promoting an inclusive professional environment for all of our employees, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are integral values of Chambers and Partners and are key in our culture. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals regardless of age, disability, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. This commitment applies across all of our employment policies and practices, from recruiting and hiring to training and career development. We support our employees through our internal INSPIRE committee with Executive Sponsors, Chairs and Ambassadors throughout the business promoting knowledge and effecting change.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5901
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Chambers and Partners