Senior Product Design / Vehicle Accessory Designer that is detailed orientated with experience using 3D CAD modelling software such as SolidWorks and surface modelling or a similar application is required by a leading Manufacturing Company based in Birkenhead, Wirral, North West England.
SALARY: up to £28,000 per annum (depending on experience) + Benefits (Performance, Company and Individual Bonus Scheme, on-site Free Parking and Pension Scheme)
LOCATION: Birkenhead, Wirral, North West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 40 Hours per Week, 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday
PLEASE NOTE: Please include web links to your online portfolio within your CV. We will also require a Covering Letter, which ideally should be included within your CV in one document.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Senior Product Design / Vehicle Accessory Designer that is detailed orientated with expert knowledge of 3D CAD modelling software such as SolidWorks and surface modelling or a similar application.
Working as the Senior Product Design / Vehicle Accessory Designer you will join the Design Team that design and develop specialised vehicle accessories using a range of tools from a laser scanner and 2D and 3D CAD modelling software.
As the Senior Product Design / Vehicle Accessory Designer you will understudy the Design Manager, designing, improving and developing new products.
Successful candidates will have a great chance to work with a leading manufacturer that produces a wide range of bespoke, high quality products for a wide variety of vehicles in UK and Europe.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV, including your PDF portfolio or web links to your online portfolio, as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Senior Product Design / Vehicle Accessory Designer:
- Ensuring a smooth flow of product approvals from the initial customer into the Design Department
- Working with various design software to improve new designs, or improve existing designs
- Will be involved in planning and scheduling prototypes in order to maximise the efficiency and productivity of the Design Department
- Take ownership of each product assigned from finding new vehicle
- Communicating effectively with customers and other areas of the business via email, verbal and written communication
- Supporting the Design Manager to supervise / mentor the Product Designer in their absence as and when the business requires it
- Responsible for the daily management of the Company Access Design Database
- Understudy to the Design Manager, designing, improving and developing the Company’s products
- Take ownership of new models; from finding vehicles to scan, design and sign off with the customer, production and design manager
- Increase the efficiency of the design
- Use of SolidWorks design software and/or other appropriate design software
- Rapidly and accurately scan car boots with a 3D laser scanner to facilitate the design
- Ensure that designs are approved internally and externally to successfully meet orders
- Support product design with marketing photos and text
- Support product design with supplementary documents
- Support digital marketing with uploads to website
- Be responsible for the administration and communication between Design and the Commercial and Production departments
- Technical support to customers via telephone
- Support the marketing team with advertising/sales banners for social media
This role will be office based for the majority of the time, however, some travel from time to time may be required.
- Building and maintaining processes with customers, marketing and production
- Assisting marketing department with website visuals and social media
- Assisting the marketing department in order to facilitate the upkeep of the Website Data
- Acting as the first point of contact between the clients and the Design Department
- Carrying out other necessary administrative duties in the Design department
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience working as a Product Designer
- Expert knowledge of 3D CAD modelling software such as SolidWorks and surface modelling or similar applications
- Excellent understanding of object dimensions and developing products in 3D
- Detail orientation with regards to design and instructions
- Capable of working independently and be well organised and proactive in order to achieve targets
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Able to build strong working relationships and be approachable and collaborative
- Proficient IT awareness in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher and Access Database
- Able to use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Expert in using 3D surface modelling tools in CAD applications preferably in Solidworks
- Flexibility to travel across various sites on the Wirral
- Analytical and able to understand sales / production targets
- Degree in Design and/or Engineering or equivalent
- A second European language other than English
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV, Covering Letter and web link to your online portfolio within one document to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4744
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Birkenhead, Wirral, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk