Senior Media Public Relations Officer with previous experience in working in either a press office, PR agency or as a journalist is required for a well-established charity based in London. You will have proven ability in liaising with journalists, writing media releases and other targeted copy as well.
SALARY: 32,000 per annum
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
Are you looking to start the new year with a new and exciting role in PR?
Look no further as the charity is seeking a Senior Media Public Relations Officer to join their dynamic communications team!
Working as the Senior Media Public Relations Officer you will be key in supporting the Senior Media Manager to deliver successful media strategies, and integrated communications campaigns, to build the organisation’s profile, increase their reach, raise awareness of their work and demonstrate the urgent need to improve the outlook for people diagnosed with the deadliest common cancer.
As the Senior Media Public Relations Officer you will have previous experience working in either a press office, PR agency or as a journalist with the ability to liaise with journalists, write media releases and other targeted copy.
Your duties as the Senior Media Public Relations Officer include:
- Working to the Senior Media Manager, help devise and deliver media strategies to promote the charity’s fundraising, services, policy and research activities, and integrated campaigns
- Produce engaging copy, including press releases, comments and blogs
- Proactively sell-in news stories and features to journalists across the whole of the UK
- Act as the charity’s first point of contact for journalists and provide a professional, flexible and responsive service to the media, often to a tight deadline
- Lead on the development of new case studies for the Marketing and Communications Team and find ways to maximise the impact of those stories through the media
- Ensure spokespeople and people affected by pancreatic cancer are fully briefed and supported when undertaking media interviews
- Where required, attend events to give media support and build relationships
- Build on and develop good relationships with national, consumer, trade, online and local journalists
- Guard the charity’s reputation by supporting the Senior Media Manager in monitoring issues of concern and in the application of the Crisis Communication Plan
- Support the Senior Media Manager in developing new and existing relationships with celebrity ambassadors
- Create a daily news bulletin and circulate internally, and share relevant media coverage with all staff
- Work with the digital team to enable an integrated and creative approach to the delivery and management of stories and content across digital and social channels
- Are you passionate about ensuring that people with the deadliest common cancer are not forgotten in the wake of COVID-19? You will need to be able to spot a news story at a hundred yards and have the creative instinct to find the right angle to get the public talking about pancreatic cancer.
- You will possess the poise to remain calm under pressure, the ability to prioritise a varied workload, and the emotional intelligence to work sensitively alongside people affected by pancreatic cancer, as you support them in sharing their experiences through the media.
- With a strong track-record of securing media coverage under your belt, you will be confident pitching to journalists and have the ability to write copy that will pique their interest, move their audiences, and clearly articulate the charity’s position on the issues that matter.
- Nurturing relationships will be important to you. Working with world-class scientists, celebrity ambassadors, or in collaboration with other organisations to make a difference will excite you. If that sounds familiar, then join us in taking on pancreatic cancer. You’ll have the opportunity to develop new skills, be at the heart of successful campaigns and break news of the ground-breaking research that will change the future.
WORKING WITH THE CHARITY
The charity is an inclusive employer, committed and looking for people who can demonstrate dedication to their cause and values.
They celebrate all aspects of diversity and inclusion and believe in appointing the right person for the role and, that there should be no barriers to work and employment. They are aiming to be an organisation whose workforce broadly reflects society and creates a positive environment for everyone to flourish, therefore they particularly welcome applications from candidates who consider themselves to be in a diverse minority.
The charity offer a supportive place to work with helpful and friendly staff who report a high level of job satisfaction. They are currently working remotely due to Covid-19 restrictions, but their main office is based in London on the river with views towards Westminster. They offer flexible working and they envisage once Covid restrictions are lifted, this role will be a blend of working from home and working in the office.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates will be required to submit their CV and complete an Application Form. Once you’ve applied via this job board, please keep an eye out for our email, which will include the Application Form to complete and return.
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7844
Full-Time, Permanent PR Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk