Senior Pensions Administrator who has good team leadership, administrative, organisational and communication skills with previous pensions administrative experience of Defined Benefit (DB) and / or Defined Contributions (DC) schemes is required by a well-established Company located in Wokingham, Berkshire.
SALARY: Competitive + Generous Benefits (25 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, Discretionary Bonus Scheme, Pension Plan, Life Assurance Cover, Flexible Benefits Scheme (Supporting you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering Security & Protection, Health & Wellbeing, Lifestyle), Discounts and Savings from Retailers and Service Providers, Interest Free Season Ticket Loan)
LOCATION: Wokingham, Berkshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
KEY REQUIREMENT: Candidates need experience of Defined Benefit (DB) and / or Defined Contributions (DC) schemes
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Senior Pensions Administrator who has good team leadership, administrative, organisational and communication skills with previous pensions administrative experience of Defined Benefit (DB) and Defined Contributions (DC) schemes.
Working as the Senior Pensions Administrator you will join a team that provide services to a wide range of trust-based company pension schemes, including defined benefit, defined contribution, career average revalued earnings, and hybrid schemes.
The Company’s administrative approach is scheme-based; one team is responsible for every aspect of each client’s service, enabling the team to build the best possible relationships and provide the clarity of focus each scheme deserves.
Ultimately, pension schemes are there for their members; the Company place just as much emphasis on delivering excellent customer service as they do on technical proficiency and quality control.
As the Senior Pensions Administrator, you will have an opportunity to join a Company that can offer excellent career progression opportunities.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Senior Pensions Administrator:
- Perform all intermediary and complex pensions administrative and project related tasks, including taking day-to-day responsibility for an assigned client portfolio
- Manage day-to-day activities of staff to ensure efficient and effective delivery of client work to agreed deadlines to comply with legislative and clients’ requirements
- Act as a key member of the pensions administration team, providing support to the assigned administration manager and where applicable, deputising for administration manager when absent
- Day-to-day management of client relationships with trustees, scheme members and corporate clients
- Project managing annual projects such as renewals, benefit statements, life assurance, PHI and pension increases
- Ensure standard documentation is scheme specific, and incorporating them into existing procedures
- Prepare for and where appropriate participating in trustee meetings
- Handle complex pensions queries
- Perform complex manual benefits calculations
- Maintain scheme control files
- Monitor, delegate and co-ordinate workflow
- Check work completed by more junior staff at associate and associate II levels
- Informal training and mentoring of more junior team members
- Assist in appraisals and the recruitment process where required
- Contribute to technical sub-committees (TSC) and technical administration discussions
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of pensions administration activities and can apply this knowledge to any scheme
- Previous pensions administration experience of Defined Benefit (DB) and / or Defined Contributions (DC) schemes, including leavers, retirements, deaths, transfers in, transfers out, monthly processing and investment, benefit statements, renewals and pension increases
- Experience of current pensions legislation and framework is essential, especially the regulatory requirements of the various Pensions and Finance Acts which impact on pensions administration
- Experience of checking and mentoring more junior members of staff
- Previous presentational experience would be of distinct advantage to assist with client meetings and new business development activities
- Previous project management experience would be required to perform pension administration project based work
- IT proficient, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
TRAINING, EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Educated to a minimum of A Level or Degree or equivalent standard
- Ideally a minimum of three C grades or above at A Level or equivalent qualification
- Strong Maths and English GCSE or equivalent qualification - minimum grade B
- Significant progression within a relevant pensions qualification e.g. CPC/QPA/DPC/RPC/APMI (or applicants deemed ‘qualified by experience’ would be considered)
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Able to follow instructions, procedures and assimilate information quickly in a consistent manner
- Effective interpersonal skills
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is required in order to perform their duties both numerical and written
- Good oral and written communication and listening skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work in advance of deadlines and prioritising multiple tasks.
- Well-developed project management skills - able to see projects/tasks from concept through to completion within given timescales
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4796
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Wokingham, Berkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk