Senior IT Project Manager that has experience managing new installations for the complete IT Technical Infrastructure set up of new buildings during the construction phase, preferably within a smart building construction environment that covers Structured Cabling, Security (CCTV, Door Access Controls), LAN and Wireless Networks is required for a well-established IT Company based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire.
SALARY: up to £55,000 pro rata + Bonus + Benefits (Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Share Options)
TYPE: Contract to Permanent (6 Month Initial Contract)
** Work with the Latest Smart Building Technology **
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must have a full Drivers Licence and a CSCS Managers Card
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Senior IT Project Manager that has experience managing new installations for the complete IT Infrastructure set up of new buildings during the construction phase, preferably within a smart building construction environment that covers Structured Cabling, Security (CCTV, Door Access Controls), LAN and Wireless Networks.
This is an exciting opportunity for a tenacious, meticulous and exceptionally organised Senior Package / IT Infrastructure Project Manager to join a successful and established customer centric IT Company. The Company specialise in providing complete infrastructure solutions to mid-market enterprise clients and are looking for a talented experienced Senior Project Manager (ideally with construction and smart building experience) to contribute to the Company's ongoing success.
As the Senior Package / IT Project Manager you will have experience in IT infrastructure with a steer towards smart building construction projects (including Structured Cabling, Security including CCTV, Door Access Controls, LAN and Wireless Networks).
You will be highly motivated, organised and commercially aware. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate a commitment to Project/Package Management and have a genuine interest in the corporate market and a real drive for unparalleled customer service and service delivery.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Senior Package / IT Infrastructure Technical Project Manager:
- Work with the Account Manager, Technical Team, Subcontractors, Finance and the Management Team to assess and prepare new tender submissions
- Responsible for the planning and delivery of each project
- Responsible for managing multiple projects/simultaneous packages at the same time
- Primary interface between the Company and the Primary/Trade Contractor, Company Subcontractors and where necessary the End Client’s Construction Manager
- Review contract documentation and ensure all necessary procedures, documentation and reporting is in place and that the Company and Subcontractors are aware of and comply with all Contract requirements
- Manage and monitor the contract progress, liaising with Site Project Manager to obtain pertinent updates and ensure the project is running to time
- Assess and report any changes that may affect timescale or project cost
- Management of all required site notifications including but not restricted to Requests for Information (RFIs), Early Warning Notices (EWN), Design Changes, Plant Returns, Management Returns, H&S Returns etc.
- Report progress on all projects under your responsibility to the Managing Director and Finance Director on a regular basis
- Management of all on site planning and administration including ensuring all Company and Subcontractor staff have attended induction, have appropriate qualifications, security passes, permits to work, access and equipment to carry out their works
- Management and implementation of all project Health & Safety procedures (across all packages) including completion of RAMS, POWRAs and any additional site safety requirements and reports
- Liaise with back office procurement team for all aspects of the project to ensure Purchase Orders have been placed and product lead times meet planned delivery schedules
- Management of costs including proactive identification of overruns and/or variations from agreed scope of works and obtain quote approvals
- Work with the Finance team to monitor Budget vs Actual Expenditure vs Contract plus variation prices to monitor forecast project margin to complete
- Ensure Quality is maintained to the highest standard throughout every project/package
- Responsible for obtaining Practical Completion and submission of O&M manuals as required for each project/package
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a full Driving Licence
- Previous Site Manager/ Technical Project Manager experience
- Previous Package Management experience
- Proven track record in successfully managing construction IT Technical projects
- Commercially aware with excellent organisational skills
- Previous experience of managing full project cost control vs budget (from bid through to completion)
- Excellent communication and customer focussed
- Excellent attention to detail, documentation and record keeping
- Good financial knowledge in meeting the business and customer objectives
- Value driven both personally and business orientated
- Self-motived and ambitious
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P3955
Smart Building, Technical, Construction Contract to Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Recruitment in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk