Senior Housing Officer who is passionate about the delivery of excellent, customer-focused housing management services is required for a highly successful and innovative Housing Organisation based in Poole, Dorset, South West England.
SALARY: £32,234 - £36,922 pro rata + Benefits
BENEFITS: Local Government Pension Scheme, Free Parking, Generous Holiday Allowance
LOCATION: Poole, Dorset
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
PLEASE NOTE: This job requires you to have access to a vehicle for work purposes and is subject to Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates will be required to complete an online application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Senior Housing Officer with experience in housing management or a similar role.
Working as the Senior Housing Officer you will report to the Housing Manager and play a vital role in reviewing and developing the services that the organisation deliver in the strong and sustainable communities, providing a first-class neighbourhood and tenancy management service and encouraging active resident participation. You will support the Housing Manager in leading and managing an effective team of specialists and working to identify and develop appropriate solutions the challenges of tenancy management.
As the Senior Housing Officer, you must have access to a vehicle for work purposes with the ability to work effectively without supervision and using good judgement in decision making. You should be highly self-motivated and should have good knowledge of housing law and an awareness of the national issues affecting affordable housing.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Senior Housing Officer include:
- Ensure residents have meaningful input into strategies and service delivery in the area
- Support the team in taking forward the objectives in the Delivery Plan
- Ensure the delivery of communal cleaning and ground maintenance services are effective
- Identify and lead on creative solutions to improve the sustainability of tenancies and communities in the neighbourhoods managed
- Support the Housing Team with the lettings process to enable timescales and KPIs to be met
- Promote cross team working and communication to ensure services meet the needs of residents, including the provision of specialist advice
- Support the team in the effective handling of complaints in partnership with the Business Support Team
- Ensure the team complies with the organisation’s Equality and Diversity Strategy, regularly undertaking Equality Impact Assessments on areas of responsibility, to ensure the different needs of individuals in the community are addressed
- Forge and maintain strong working relationships with key partners, including the Council
- Ensure robust processes are in place for performance monitoring of tenancy management and seek to increase satisfaction levels in terms of quality
- Represent the Housing Manager at internal and external meetings and events
- Experience of working in a Housing Management Team
- Leading and managing a team desirable
- Good level of general education, including Maths and English
- Corporate Membership of Chartered Institute of Housing and/or qualified to CIoH Professional Diploma in Housing desirable
- Ability to learn quickly and work flexibly in a changing environment
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a diverse and pressurised workload, to prioritise, and work on own initiative
- Experience of service delivery reviews
- Good negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Detailed knowledge of Housing Law, best practice and operational issues relating to housing management including tackling ASB
- Knowledge of housing database systems
- A commitment to excellent public sector housing provision and continuous improvement
- Positive attitudes to equality and diversity issues
- Passionate about tenant empowerment
- Access to a vehicle for work purposes
- Flexibility to attend occasional evening meetings
HOW TO APPLY
Once you’ve applied for this role through this site you will be required to complete an online application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C6688
Full-Time, Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Poole, Dorset, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk