Senior Operations Finance Manager / Accountant who holds an ACA, ACCA or CIMA accounting qualification and has extensive post qualified experience is required to join our well-established team at alphagary based in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, East Midlands.
SALARY: Competitive + Benefits
LOCATION: Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, East Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Thursday 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-2pm
We are currently looking for a Senior Operations Finance Manager / Accountant who will work closely with local operational leadership and senior finance leaders based across the UK to drive business performance and provide improved business finance support. This role will drive awareness, accountability, and responsibility of all factory-related costs - distribution, supply chain, automation, accurate bills of material, accurate cost of sales information etc.
As the Senior Operations Finance Manager / Accountant you will also be the main point of contact for Commercial team and NPD for all product costings, responsible for business partnering, producing costings and margin analysis.
The Senior Operations Finance Manager / Accountant will challenge production re efficiency accuracy, the effectiveness of current process's, control and in particular managing stock to ensure full accountability of usage and production on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, as well as:
- Develop, monitor and challenge KPI's in order to drive manufacturing performance/efficiency, to include a system of perpetual inventory and reporting
- Develop and influence individual team members, ensuring that they are clearly aware of both their personal and their team objectives and that personal development targets are set
- Provide support for the strategic production improvement plan to ensure all group, divisional and site objectives are implemented, monitored, and continually improved at Melton
- Line Management of one Operations Finance Manager at Chinley and work towards site consistency in both process and reporting
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Operations Finance Manager / Accountant:
- Overall financial responsibility for stock movements, valuation and waste
- Customer costing preparation and margin analysis
- Month end and budgeting responsibility
- Site cost analysis and budgetary compliance
- CAPEX proposals and post CAPEX reviews
- Line Management of one individual
Orbia have been developing and manufacturing PVC compounds for over 40 years for some big brand household names. We pride ourselves at being at the forefront of PVC compounding technology.
Alphagary is part of the Orbia group, a community of companies working together to tackle some of the world's most complex challenges. We are bound by a common purpose: to Advance Life Around the World.
Alphagary manufactures specialty compounds, formulated from a variety of polymers, that are purpose-designed for a wide range of applications. Alphagary also formulates stabilizers, plasticizers and colorants designed for use in vinyl compounds.
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA post qualification
- Extensive post qualification experience
- Extensive SAP experience in both day to day and implementations
- Ability to influence individuals at all levels of the organization
- Resilience and the ability to work on own initiative
- Prior experience in a manufacturing/commercial area
- Solid understanding of SAP required
Why choose Alphagary?
Advancing Life - You see and touch our durable, high-performance and sustainable materials everywhere, every day
Keeping You Safe - Our culture of safety is dynamic and deliberate. Our greatest asset are our people
Values that Matter - Embracing Diversity, Taking Responsibility, Being Brave
Hands-on Training -You’ll receive on-the-job training and guidance to keep you learning and gaining highly marketable skills
Like many of your teammates here, you won’t just be building up job skills – you’ll be building a career!
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8635
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of alphagary