Senior Estates & Buildings Manager / Property Management / Surveyor who has a NEBOSH National General Certificate, a relevant professional qualification in property, real estate and/or quantity surveying and extensive management experience within an educational or vocational setting is required for a fast-growing Multi Academy Trust based in Stanmore, North West London.
SALARY: £40,000 – £45,000 per annum
LOCATION: Stanmore, North West London (occasional nationwide travel will be necessary)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
** The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check **
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Estates & Buildings Manager / Property Management / Surveyor who has a NEBOSH National General Certificate, a relevant professional qualification in property, real estate and/or quantity surveying and extensive management experience within an educational or vocational setting.
Working as the Senior Estates & Buildings Manager / Property Management / Surveyor you will support the senior leadership in the operational requirements of the Trust inclusive of Real Estate / Premises, Health & Safety, Security, Procurement and Facilities Management ensuring that the Trust delivers compliant services to operational excellence standards.
As the Senior Estates & Buildings Manager / Property Management / Surveyor you will be responsible for the line management of premises teams and local schools site premises teams, assisting in the delivery of the budget of all schools’ utilities and estates expenditure across the Trust. You will assist in preparation of capital funding applications / capital expenditure execution and will also manage contracts and make sure the suppliers selected are proven value for money and benchmarked.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as the Senior Estates & Buildings Manager / Property Management / Surveyor will cover the following:
- Provide the execution of the Estates and Premises strategy, business planning, operational continuity, capital programmes, and asset management
- Provide support to the Operations Director and the key stakeholders in matters of HSE, real estate, architectural, planning, environmental and sustainability agenda
- Ensure that the delivery of the Estates and Premises strategy supports the Trust business operating model
- Advise the Operations Director and oversee academies on all matters relating to the Estates and Premise development, funding and management of future works at sites
- Management of conditions surveys for projects undertaken on the acquisition or disposal of premises within the estate
- Help in identifying and shortlisting the capital spending requirements
- Ensure that the day-to-day execution of site upkeep and grounds maintenance is undertaken
- Identify and evaluate HSE risks and to provide recommendations to avoid, mitigate, or reduce the potential impact of these risks to the business
- Conduct procurement and comparison activities to ensure that the contracts are proven value for money
- Assist in the development and management of an Environmental and Sustainability agenda
- Subject matter expert on; HSE, EHO, DfE, Ofsted, local authorities planning, fire regulations, insurance claims etc, ensuring all statutory inspections and testing are compliant to the required standards
- Help prepare the Business Continuity Management framework
- Play an important part in the preparation of the Trust-wide Premises and Estates annual revenue budgets and expenditure, and the Trust-wide Premises staffing budgets
- Be an integral part of the process of project management of the Estates requirements for Trust expansion
- Leadership and management of school site Premises / Estates managers and associated site teams
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Relevant professional qualification in property, real estate and/or quantity surveying
- Evidence of relevant recent professional development
- Extensive management experience within an educational or vocational setting
- Evidence of exceptional, collaborative and inspirational leadership skills
- Proven ability to develop, communicate and successfully implement strategies
- Proven ability to liaise with school leaders, LAs and external organisations successfully through a period of significant change
- A proven track record of successful project management, with a strong track record in working on operational excellence and large projects within agreed spending budgets
- Significant understanding of Health and Safety legislation and compliance
- Outstanding business acumen and experience of developing successful business relationships through a range of partners
- Experience of capital spending strategies and asset management
- Experience of negotiating and managing large contracts, defining and managing service level agreements
- Significant understanding and commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and ensuring they are protected from harm
- Outstanding communication, influencing and negotiating skills across a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Outstanding influencing and communication skills to build and nurture effective relationships with DfE, ESFA, Principals, Senior management and Local Authorities
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5849
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Stanmore, North West London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk