Senior Electronics Design Engineer who has significant experience developing robust hardware using 8/16 microprocessors, cellular communications, satellite communications, GPS / wireless communication, embedded real-time systems, and low power products is required for an international technology company based in Newport, Gwent, South Wales.
As a successful candidate you’ll have responsibility, growth potential, a stimulating work environment, training and will join a team with an excellent work ethic.
SALARY: £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
BENEFITS: Company Pension, Private Healthcare, Flexibly Working Hours, 2 Days Remote Working Option per Week
LOCATION: Newport, Gwent, South Wales
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Senior Electronics Design Engineer who has significant experience developing robust hardware using 8/16 microprocessors, cellular communications, satellite communications, GPS / wireless communication, embedded real-time systems, and low power products
As Senior Electronics Design Engineer you’ll work in a role offers an exciting mix of engineering activities with emphasis on the practical development and performance evaluations of IoT technology for the next generation of remote monitoring equipment for the oil and gas industry. Innovation and development will focus on future network technologies such as the Internet of Things, low power wide area and upcoming 5G networks.
Working as the Senior Electronics Design Engineer you will work in partnership with suppliers of cutting-edge early technologies, validating feasibility of these technologies, learning new skills and providing valuable R&D to deliver high quality, efficient and robust products that offer clear benefits to customers.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will work alongside other hardware design engineers but with total responsibility for the electronic hardware in your project.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Senior Electronics Design Engineer:
- Specification, design and development of the electronic aspects of a product
- Design testing and validation
- Product certification for EMC, Safety, CE and ATEX
- Preparation of product documentation
- Assisting with product support during product introduction, and subsequently if necessary
- Degree qualified, you will have significant experience in developing extremely robust hardware using 8/16 bit microprocessors, cellular communications, satellite communications and GPS
- You’ll understand the concepts of ISO9001:2015, be familiar with CE certification, and ideally ATEX certification.
- Experience in developing embedded real-time systems, low power products and products with wireless communication
- Previous personal responsibility for a significant design, or part of a larger project
- Standard interfacing integrated circuits (ICs); RS232 drivers, ADC’s, DAC’s, I2C, etc.
- Efficient battery powered portable equipment design, including charger controllers
- Switch mode power supplies
- Low level analogue design; miscellaneous interfacing circuitry, etc.
- Analogue signal filter design; low pass, high pass and band pass active filters
- Designing for EMC, ESD, LVD, CE, safety approvals
- Schematic capture using CAD (Altium Designer preferred)
- Layout of multi-layer PCBs incorporating RF elements using CAD (Altium Designer preferred)
- Surfaces mount soldering of prototypes (basic skills only)
- Prototype test and validation
- Design documentation (requirement specs, design documents, test specs, etc.)
- Change control: raising and detailing product change notes
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, full-time and without restriction
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5316
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Newport, Gwent, South Wales. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk