A Senior Editor with a good technical knowledge of children’s learning products and an excellent knowledge of publishing procedures and workflow, is required for an international publishing company based in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire (30 minutes by train from London Euston).
LOCATION: Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic job opportunity for a Senior Editor with a meticulous and organised nature, as well as a creative flair for early learning and children’s education products.
As the Senior Editor, you will have a wide range of responsibilities, such as helping to manage a list of books from initial brief to completion, maintaining third-party relationships, allocating workload, and ensuring each book that the team creates reaches the high creative and editorial standards required. Successful candidates will also possess experience working on children’s books, as well as a passion for innovation and a desire to pioneer new ideas and product.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as Senior Editor include:
- Helping to coordinate the learning product list, liaising with Sales, Production and Senior Management when necessary
- Developing new titles, novelties and products
- Tracking development of dummies and packaging requirements, and ensuring all specifications are accurate and suitable for the market
- Working with third-party contributors, such as illustrators, authors, editors, consultants and Americanisers
- Planning content, managing text and editing books to the agreed brief and specifications, working alongside the editorial and design team
- Helping to coordinate in-house schedules and workflow, and adapting to the needs of the business when necessary to hit critical targets and deadlines
- Managing the editorial content of the company catalogue, as well as coordinating and checking written descriptions and product specifications
As Senior Editor you will have the following skills and experience:
- A good technical knowledge of children’s learning product
- An excellent knowledge of publishing procedure and workflow
- An advanced understanding of editorial duties, including copywriting, copy-editing and proofreading
- Good collaboration skills, working with others and brainstorming new ideas
- Good organisational skills, motivation and the ability to work well under pressure
- A meticulous nature with a keen eye for detail
- A advanced knowledge of InDesign, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6399
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk