Senior Distiller who has previous production and distilling experience working within a distillery is required for a long-established Speyside Distillery based in Kingussie, Inverness-shire, Scotland.
Having a degree in distilling or brewing would be desirable although not essential.
LOCATION: Kingussie, Inverness-shire, Scotland
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Shift Pattern of 6:00am–2:00pm and 2:00pm-10:00pm, additional overtime may be required from time to time.
** DETAILED TRAINING PROVIDED **
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates MUST have their own transport as the site is inaccessible by public transport.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Senior Distiller who has previous production and distilling experience working within a distillery.
This Artisan Speyside Distillery, near to Aviemore in the beautiful Scottish Highlands is a privately owned distillery, distilling multi award winning single malt Scotch whisky. Their business has also evolved into a multi award winning business where each employee is treated like family, where diversity and inclusion is part of their culture.
The Distillery is driving growth through innovation, their people, partners, their consumers and their entrepreneurial spirit.
They are delighted that an opportunity has arisen at their Artisan Speyside Distillery for a Senior Distiller to join the small Speyside family on a full-time basis reporting into the Distillery Manager. The Distillery is a place where you can make a real impact each and every day on the art of distilling.
The role will encompass production/distilling of spirit in the artisan facility.
As the Senior Distiller you will have experience in the field and a degree in distilling or brewing would be desirable but not essential. Detailed training will form part of the role.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
As the Senior Distiller you will be responsible for all production operations:
- Milling, Mashing, Fermentation, Distillation
- Process Grist to produce high quality wort for fermentation (Mashing)
- Control and monitor fermentation process to produce fully fermented wash
- Process fermented wash to produce new malt distillate to the required quality
- Evaluate new malt distillate quality
- Transfer new malt distillate to Spirit Receiver carry out and record accurate spirit account
- Understand and contribute to continuous improvement
- Operate within Health & Safety legislation
- Operate within the Distillery Management Control System, FEMAS Manual, HMRC statutory requirements and SEPA consent discharge conditions
- Perform basic mechanical routine maintenance tasks
- Prepare new spirit and dispatch by road tanker (sampling & tanker loading, HMRC documentation)
- Complete documentation accurately and forward to appropriate person or place
- Conduct an appropriate handover of operations at every shift change to ensure that continuous production is achieved
As the Senior Distiller you will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Ability to perform all operational tasks required to produce and dispatch high quality final product and co-product from raw materials to meet business requirement
- Ability to work well as part of a small team
- Perform fault finding analysis to optimise plant performance
- Take decisions based on a logical approach to fact gathering
- Be aware of limits of own authority and involve appropriate personnel in decision making process at appropriate time
- Demonstrate good numeracy and literacy skills
- Demonstrate ability to develop new skills and train others
- Ability to carry out routine organoleptic evaluation of raw materials and new malt distillate and take corrective action when appropriate
- Ability to carry out routine chemical/process analytical evaluation of raw materials and finished product and co-product and take corrective action when appropriate
- Ability to plan and organise workload
- Understand and influence effective energy utilisation and costs
- Tractor Driving experience an advantage as the Distillery distribute their our own draff and pot ale
- Must have a valid driving licence and own transport
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5877
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Kingussie, Inverness-shire, Scotland. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk