Senior Care Assistant / Support Worker who is a team player with good communication skills and understands the needs of older people is required for a Residential Care Home based in Windsor, Berkshire.
SALARY: £11.36 per hour (Weekday Rate) / £12.92 per hour (Weekend Rate)
LOCATION: Windsor, Berkshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time and Part-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 36 hours per week Full-Time or 24 hours per week Part-Time – shift work including weekends
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Senior Care Assistant / Support Worker who is a team player with good communication skills and understands the needs of older people.
As the Senior Care Assistant / Support Worker you will join the care team for either 36 or 24 hours a week to work flexibly across various shifts, including weekends at a residential care home accommodating 30 residents.
Working as the Senior Care Assistant / Support Worker you will have previous experience taking on a senior role within the home.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as the Senior Care Assistant / Support Worker will include:
- Participate in the delivery of care to the residents to ensure that their physical, social, intellectual and emotional needs are met and ensuring dignity, choice, independence and respect
- Ensure that all aspects of the regulatory framework are met
- Consult with residents and the senior team to assist in developing individual and personal care plans for residents
- Work effectively with the team to ensure the residents’ needs are met
- Be aware of who to contact in the case of an emergency
- Assisting residents with all elements of personal care to include washing and preparing for bed, (if required)
- Monitoring residents’ health needs
- Assist with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence, and in the use and care of aids and personal equipment
- Answer emergency bells and deal with appropriately
- Support and work closely with families and friends offering them professional and emotional support
- Understand and observe all relevant regulations, policies and procedures
- Ensure that all records are kept up to date
- Complete documentation to a clear and concise account of each individual resident in your care
- Have a full knowledge of your residents by reading and keeping up to date with their individual care notes. Noting any changes and making sure to report any that may need to be amended
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people
- Good written and numeracy skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Willingness to undertake training to achieve NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent
- Demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the needs of older people
- Ability to carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7214
Part-Time, Full-Time Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Windsor, Berkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk