Architectural Technician / Technologist with experience as a technical lead on large projects with potential job running capability and demonstrable skills and expertise in writing specifications, ideally using NBS Chorus is required for a well-established practice based in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, East Midlands.
SALARY: Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits (see below)
LOCATION: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, East Midlands – the company has a flexible approach to home-working
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Architectural Technician / Technologist with experience as a technical lead on large projects with potential job running capability and demonstrable skills and expertise in writing specifications, ideally using NBS Chorus.
As the Architectural Technician / Technologist you will assist with the delivery of the company’s portfolio of projects mainly across the housing sector, encompassing apartments and student developments, estate design, sheltered housing, care homes and smaller ‘bespoke’ housing schemes.
The Architectural Technician / Technologist will provide the technical lead on significant multi-million pound developments post-planning, and will be involved as technical support to colleagues on projects across the practice.
In addition, you will participate in wider practice developments, including the use of Revit and NBS Chorus, scheduling, standard details and specifications and the company’s response to the changing regulatory framework.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company offers a broad range of design consultancy services including Architecture, Interiors and Conservation Design, with extensive experience of most building sectors including Residential, Education, Hospitality and Commercial.
They are a growing practice and pride themselves on being staff-focussed, enthusiastic and sociable. Their work is often based in the East Midlands, but they have live projects UK-wide.
Design quality is at the heart of all that they do, and this is recognised in the number of awards they have received for design excellence, sustainability, regeneration, build quality and historic restoration.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
The successful Architectural Technician / Technologist will be:
- Authentic — valuing honesty, reliability, and integrity
- Passionate and Creative — demonstrating creativity in your design approach, enthusiasm for and knowledge of the UK housing sector
- Collaborative — able to work in a team environment to meet tight deadlines. You will have strong communication skills, both within the design team and with clients
- Committed — able to take ownership of your work, have considered a wide range of issues, and put together a reasoned, informed response
And will have the following skills:
- CIAT accredited degree qualification
- Experienced in the use of Autodesk REVIT to deliver production information including construction details and schedules
- Excellent modelling skills and experience in the delivery BIM projects
- Demonstrable skill and expertise in writing specifications, ideally using NBS Chorus
- Thorough knowledge of technical standards and regulations
- A background of working on large developments over a range of building types
- Ability to work in a team environment, both within the office and with main contractors
- Experience as technical lead on large projects with potential job running capability
- An awareness of, and enthusiasm for, sustainable design and BREEAM
- Competitive salary to reflect your skills, experience, and impact on the practice
- Holiday entitlement starting at 25 days per year (and with increments dependant on length of service)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Health insurance – providing contributions for dental work, optical treatment, physiotherapy and counselling
- Salary sacrifice schemes for childcare and Cycle to Work
- Flexible home working
- Company study tours including team visits to completed projects (Liverpool and Barcelona were the venues for the last two weekends away)
- Regular in-house CPD. Staff are also encouraged to explore their own CPD opportunities outside the company
- A wide variety of social events
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7188
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, East Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk