Senior Actuarial Consultant / Pensions Actuary who can inspire trust, deliver results and communicate to clients in language that they can understand is required for a well-established Company located in Wetherby, West Yorkshire.
SALARY: £40,000 to £70,000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
LOCATION: Wetherby, West Yorkshire (within 10 to 15 miles of Leeds, York and Harrogate)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Candidates will either be a Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries or will have made significant progress in the actuarial examinations, in particular you must have passed one of the pensions papers, either at Specialist Technical or Specialist Applications level. Consideration will be given to exceptional candidates who have passed one of the above papers but are no longer studying for the actuarial exams.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Senior Actuarial Consultant / Pensions Actuary who can inspire trust, deliver results and communicate to clients in language that they can understand.
Working as the Senior Actuarial Consultant / Pensions Actuary you will be expected to perform at supervisory level in relation to all actuarial and pensions work carried out by the Business. You will be expected to have mastered the main roles carried out by the Pension Analysts and Senior Pension Analysts in relation to writing pension reports for clients including data verification and mathematical modelling as well as ensuring that the final report meets the standards required by the Court.
As the Senior Actuarial Consultant / Pensions Actuary, you will be a confident communicator who is happy to liaise with clients by telephone, in writing and in person as required. This will include making presentations to clients at seminars. There will also be the requirement to assist in telephone conference calls with clients in court proceedings and provide expert witness evidence to the court or an industrial tribunal in person when this is needed.
As a successful candidate, you will have an excellent opportunity to join this well-established company.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV and a covering letter as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Senior Actuarial Consultant / Pensions Actuary will include:
- Ability to assess the reasonableness of the output from actuarial and financial models, and apply an appropriate level of review based on the complexity and materiality of the results
- Be accountable and take responsibility for the technical accuracy of financial information contained in reports as well as the recommendations provided
- Provide specialist technical advice and guidance on the application of actuarial principles and tools to support business objectives. This will include mentoring and coaching to other members of the team
- Provide clear and comprehensive advice to clients both verbally and in writing to enable them to progress their cases and make financial decisions from a more informed position
- Sign off quotes for new business and perform data collection checks for all cases which have been passed through that stage
- Assist in and influencing business strategy and leadership, deputising for the managing director in his absence
- Lead and manage other projects for the business as required
- Be a Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries or to have made significant progress in the actuarial examinations, in particular to have passed one of the pensions papers, either at Specialist Technical or Specialist Applications level. Consideration will be given to exceptional candidates who have passed one of the above papers but are no longer studying for the actuarial exams
- Excellent technical actuarial and pensions knowledge, with attention to detail
- Be highly motivated and willing to take responsibility and ownership of the work assigned
- Possess demonstrable experience of problem solving and providing practical solutions to complex problems
- Commercial aptitude and the ability to consider the impact of decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well in a small team
- Ability to express own viewpoint and to communicate clearly on complex actuarial issues
- Knowledge and familiarity with the procedures for dividing up pensions in divorce settlements would be an advantage, however on-the-job training will be provided to the successful candidate
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV and covering letter to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5119
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Wetherby, West Yorkshire. Recruitment and CV Sourcing Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk