Senior Accountant / Finance Manager / Financial Controller and Analyst that has an in-depth accounting background with an interest or experience with investments / equities is required by a family investment fund based in Central London.
SALARY: £55,000 - £75,000 per annum (depending on experience) + Annual Bonus + Benefits
The Company manage a c.$100m family investment fund, focusing on international equities and credit, from their office in Mayfair, London. Their clients have been entrepreneurially successful in their industry for nearly two centuries and are now in their sixth generation.
They are a small team of four researchers in London and have, over seven years, developed an investing approach that they believe enables them to generate very strong consistent returns.
WHO THEY NEED
The Company is looking for an intellectually ambitious, bright qualified Senior Accountant / Finance Manager / Financial Controller and Analyst who is ready to take managerial responsibility to:
- Create a base of financial control for the Company and the fund it manages;
- Build the business through managerial insight, especially about making and managing investments;
- Maintain a sympathetic cultural bridge between investment research and these financial functions
In particular, the Company is developing their own investment accounting system. They need a bright Senior Accountant / Finance Manager / Financial Controller and Analyst to test, implement, use and extend, or otherwise improve, this.
Experience with statistics, databases or some programming is helpful, but not essential provided you have a desire to learn as needed (and are a qualified accountant).
As the Senior Accountant / Finance Manager / Financial Controller and Analyst you will report to the Managing Partner and work closely with the Company’s highly skilled research team.
YOUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your duties and responsibilities as the Senior Accountant / Finance Manager / Financial Controller and Analyst include:
Create a base of financial control
Manage all aspects end to end by understanding existing systems and processes, and redesigning/ automating as appropriate, thus reducing the associated time commitment (from c2/3 to c1/3 of your time) so that you can focus on building the business
- Prepare company accounts, budget, cash flows forecasts; book transactions and make payments
- Reconcile fund transactions between the systems and custodians’, and book fund transactions where booking is not (yet) automated
- Work with (and take responsibility from) the research team to test, implement and extend the investment portfolio accounting system that is under construction; or alternatively find a better alternative
- Understand and apply the existing (simple) portfolio risk measurement architecture
- Report performance (financial and operational KPIs) to the investors
- Assist the research team with regulatory compliance and fund and manager supplier management (e.g. brokers)
Build the business
This gives an ambitious accountant practically unlimited scope to apply their talents as the Company has lots of financial data, you’ll make many decisions and operate in a complex environment.
- Use the computer systems to create useful and thoughtful numerical and graphical management information
- Thus, improve trading, investment decision and business efficiency
- Work with the research team and programmers to feed these insights back into human and technology system design
- Use these insights to drive the business strategy
The Company need you to understand and have sympathy for what they do because they need to work as a team
- Advise the research team on accounting related issues, including training ad hoc
- Help us to research more investments
- Increase team research up time through taking responsibility for non-investment work
- Working directly with the research team to investigate investments
If this role interests you, there is an online test you would need to complete. Please keep an eye out for our email that contains the web link to the online test.
The Company use this test for their Analysts too. It tests arithmetic and logic.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P3870
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Recruitment in Mayfair, London
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk