Senior Account Manager and / or Sales Manager that has excellent customer service, client and team management skills is required for a growing Global Publishing Company based in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire (30 minutes north of London with a direct train link to Euston)
SALARY: Competitive (depending on experience) + Benefits
LOCATION: Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire
** Excellent Career Development Opportunities **
We have an excellent job opportunity for a customer service focussed Senior Sales Account Manager that has excellent customer service, client and team management skills.
Working at this Publishing Company is an opportunity to be a part of an exciting story. The Company has grown year on year with an expanding market and staff team. The Company prides itself in its family culture and they believe they are unique in the world of publishing. This is a fantastic job opportunity for an ambitious professional ready to take the next step and able to embrace the career prospects offered.
The Company is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Sales Account Manager to oversee book sales across a significant territory and manage a team of two/three office based staff. The role will require hands on account management and relationship selling as well as managing others to ensure that excellent customer service levels are upheld.
As the Senior Sales Account Manager, you will liaise with the Sales, Creative, Production and Finance departments, you will work quickly, accurately, effectively, confidently and with initiative. You will maintain databases that reflect confirmed orders, track existing product as well as understand the customer’s interest and future sales opportunities to achieve sales targets and secure opportunities. You will take an active approach to sales seeking and securing opportunities to grow the business. The team that you manage will be the first point of contact for customer queries, requests and orders and you will be responsible for ensuring high standards of customer service from this team
Applications are welcome regardless of previous experience in the publishing industry although you should have previous experience managing business customer accounts.
Occasional travel will be required as part of this post.
If this looks like your ideal job please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Senior Sales Account Manager include:
- Help set budget and strategy, monitoring progress against targets
- Comprehensive and detailed Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Negotiate prices and schedules communicating any changes in schedule appropriately and managing customer relationships accordingly
- Maintain and analyse sales databases, spread sheets and schedules to track and monitor sales, stock and opportunity
- Seek and schedule customer engagement opportunities for your territory which could include setting meetings for the CEO and Sales Director
- Utilise outstanding attention to detail in all customer communications
- Communicate with Inventory, Editorial, Design, Production and Finance
- Manage and mentor two/three members of staff
- Grow existing accounts, pursue new initiatives, open up new accounts and explore new business streams
- Build relationships with key buyers and internal colleagues
- Lead, manage and perform by example
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience managing customer accounts within a sales environment with strong sales and negotiation skills
- Preferably you will have publishing industry experience. If not, you should have a passion for books with a desire to develop a career within the publishing industry
- Good sales and customer service skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The administrative ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise accordingly
- Highly organised, passionate and motivated with a positive can-do attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power-point)
- High attention to detail and strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Experience of managing people is an advantage
Closing date: Sunday 14th January 2018
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P3859
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk