Experienced Seed Mobile Operator and Class C Driver who ideally has mechanical and engineering experience, with the ability to maintain processing plant machinery is required for a field based position covering East Anglia and the Midlands.
SALARY: Competitive + Benefits
LOCATION: Travelling to customer locations across East Anglia and the Midlands and a wider geographical area based on customer requirements.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Annualised Hours – a flexible approach to your working pattern and hours will be essential to meet the seasonality of the business including some weekend and bank holiday working
PLEASE NOTE: You will need to hold a Class C driving licence and must be PA1 and PA11 trained. An ADR licence would be a distinct advantage.
We have an excellent new job opportunity for a Seed Mobile Operator and Class C Driver who ideally has mechanical and engineering experience, with the ability to maintain processing plant machinery.
As the Seed Mobile Operator and Class C Driver you will report to the Seed Mobile Manager and will ensure the efficient and safe running of the mobile seed processing machine.
Working as the Seed Mobile Operator and Class C Driver you will work in a small, friendly team operating a seed cleaning machine at customer locations, cleaning and treating seed into bags.
This role will include support to the Distribution department with driving out of seed season when needed.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of an agricultural business and will have flexibility around working hours. You will be passionate about customer service and happy to deal with customer queries face to face.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company is a leading supplier of agronomy advice, seed, crop protection products and precision farming services. Working in partnership with arable, fruit, vegetable, horticultural and amenity sectors, the Company is committed to helping customers manage their businesses more efficiently and more profitably. They are dedicated to the company purpose - releasing agronomic potential.
With roots originating more than 60 years ago, the Company offers a unique blend of local experience, research-based expertise, customer-based knowledge and trusted relationships; practicing values of honesty, integrity and fairness across all aspects of the business.
The Company also embraces care for the wider environment, with an understanding of the important role now played by all those who manage the land, through a range of dedicated initiatives.
If this sounds like your ideal job, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Seed Mobile Operator and Class C Driver will include:
- Operate all modern machinery safely and in accordance with Company standards
- Ensure accurate record keeping with any records associated with this machinery being filed and readily available
- Ensure stock records are kept up to date
- Maintain the vehicles and equipment in a clean and safe condition
- Safe transportation and storage of any produce to prevent any form of contamination
- Adhere to company service standards, procedures and ways of working
- Adhere to road safety laws and the highway code
- Use IT systems to aid with route planning, personal safety and professional and effective delivery system
- Work in a safe manner and follow all Health & Safety requirements and procedures
- Ensure that Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures are fully adhere to
- Build strong and long-lasting relationships with key stakeholders across the internal and external business
- Must have a hands-on attitude and be able to work flexibly across Seed and Distribution, out of seed season when needed
- Class C Driving Licence is essential
- PA1 and PA11 training is essential
- ADR Licence would be advantageous
- Mechanical and/or Engineering experience would be ideal
- Knowledge of an agricultural business
- Confident to use computer systems effectively
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- A ‘can-do’ attitude when working under pressure
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6743
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in East Anglia & Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk