Scrum Master with excellent project leadership and organisational skills is required for an Agile Project Development Team that develop and work on a wide range of Mobile Applications, Java and Ruby on Rails based projects for a well-established, Global Leading Company based in Stockport, Manchester, Lancashire, North West England.
SALARY: £45,000 - £55,000 + Benefits (Private Healthcare, Generous Life Insurance, Pension with Company Contribution, Free Parking)
** Excellent Career Development Opportunities **
** Join a Global Market Leading Company **
** Work with the Latest Technologies **
We have an exciting new job opportunity to be part of the Company’s expanding Agile Project Development Team for a Scrum Master with excellent project leadership and organisational skills.
As the Scrum Master, you will work on a wide range of Mobile Application, Java and Ruby on Rails based projects. You’ll also be working closely with the Company’s US Development Team and Scrum Masters.
As a successful candidate, you’ll be working as part of an organisation that promotes internal advancement and where you’ll get constant opportunities to learn new technologies and skills. Career development is a big thing for the Company and they take their people development very seriously. They want you to learn and progress quickly and will provide you with the training and support to achieve that at the right pace.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
This Global Market Leading Company has a proud track record of numerous industry firsts and has an ambitious technology roadmap to ensure they maintain their leading position.
The US market leaders for ten years, they’ve assumed the same position in the UK over the last four years and are now looking to strengthen that position significantly, while developing new markets across Europe and the Middle East.
As a successful applicant, you will have a great opportunity to join this Global Market Leading Company that can offer excellent career development opportunities and the chance to work with some of the latest technologies.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Scrum Master:
- Along with supporting the Product Owner to manage the Backlog effectively by leading and coaching, you will deliver the Agile Project by removing blockages, knowing when to escalate and when to communicate
- Acting as a servant leader and leading by example to influence team members to seek and embrace incremental change and continuous improvement to increase team performance
- Guiding the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution or being judged, with an emphasis on collaborative problem solving.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making and conflict resolution
- Supporting the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Identifying and implementing agile metrics to measure a team’s Agility and then use those measures to help guide a team forward
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- First level Scrum Master certification
- A background in software development would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
ADDITIONAL SKILLS (NOT ESSENTIAL BUT ANY OF THESE WOULD BE A PLUS)
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Understand other processes and methodologies, can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to the team/enterprise
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P3691
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Recruitment in Stockport, Manchester, Lancashire, North West England
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk